Coverart for Trailers Channel

koi
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Hi ebr,

I was wondering if treatment for trailers in the new Trailers channel has changed somehow?  Previously, with the old plugin, I had a Diamond treatment applied.  However, with trailers in the new channel, there seems to be a default treatment applied (generic with black bar across the top).  Could you please let me know how to apply the Diamond treatment again, or if it will be addressed in a future release?  Thanks!

• Solution

Previously, trailers were a known entity of a certain type within the library.  With the transition to channels, however, they have become a generic item of just "channel video item".  Therefore, CoverArt no longer knows how to treat them as trailers specifically.

I will either have to figure out a way to discover them properly and modify CA or remove the special Trailers treatments from the program.

• Like 1

Previously, trailers were a known entity of a certain type within the library.  With the transition to channels, however, they have become a generic item of just "channel video item".  Therefore, CoverArt no longer knows how to treat them as trailers specifically.

I will either have to figure out a way to discover them properly and modify CA or remove the special Trailers treatments from the program.

Thanks for the quick reply ebr.  Generic covers are OK with me if the black bar is removed. But, hopefully, it'll be a relatively painless fix for sometime in the future.

Black bar?

Are you just talking about the default "Case" treatment?

As to the black bars, I think he is referring to the case treatment where the top of the case is a black bar.

Yes, that's the black bar I"m referring to...

Tharnax

That's unfortunate but honestly I didn't notice it until I read this thread.   It was very nice having the CoverArt treatment for trailers, mostly because it included the video and sound quality of the downloaded trailer.

As to the black bars, I think he is referring to the case treatment where the top of the case is a black bar.

53b70c2957c3b_Blackbars.jpg

@@Luke, @@snazy2000 (not sure who is on trailers right now) - This can easily be solved if the Trailers plug-in simply fills in the DisplayMediaType on the individual trailers with "trailer".