Download media on devices (iphone etc)

thegrunge

IkeTaylor11

@lkeTaylor11 Thanks I wish a solution will be found soon!

Yeah I can’t download anything to my iPad right now. My son is pretty upset he can’t watch movies on the way to grandma and grandpas. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thegrunge

I managed to transfer to my iphone, but connecting emby to G-suite with drive file stream and not rclone. I don't know if it's a direct link but it works that way

IkeTaylor11

@@Luke is anyone working on this issue? I believe this happened with the latest version of the iOS app for iPad. I have been able to download in the past on the same server I am using now with rclone and google drive as the backend. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure what your issue is yet but i would try the next update to the app as there are improvements to the download feature. thanks.

IkeTaylor11

I'm not sure what your issue is yet but i would try the next update to the app as there are improvements to the download feature. thanks.

The latest iPad Emby app fixed the downloading issue. Both my waiting downloads transferred after I updated this morning. What was changed in the app to fix it?

• 3 weeks later...
AlHayes

I seem to have a similar problem also. I only use Emby for music.

I'm glad that the auto starting of the Android App is fixed. Thank you.

All Apps & Server are/is up to date. Android Apps: 3.1.23, Server: 4.4.3.0

I'll tried downloading a few genres & some artists. So far only 1 artist has finished downloading. All other genres & artists either stay at Queued or Ready To Transfer.

I've tried on several devices & unchecked WiFi only (then rechecked it after a few hours so that I wouldn't go over my data plan).

Refreshing Metadata hasn't worked either. All other settings are at max (Transcoding has throttling disabled & hardware acceleration enabled & Conversions settings are full speed conversion Enabled & Transcoding thread count at Max)

Is there anything else to look at &/or do to fix this, other than maybe uninstalling & reinstalling the App?

Edit: I just installed the App on my Fire tablet. Set to 320k. So far it's working! Therefore I might have to install the Emby App afresh on my phone & start downloading some music again!

Al.

G2J!

Edited by AlHayes

• 3 months later...
IkeTaylor11

@Luke it seems this issue has resurfaced again. No downloads are working on the Emby app for iPad. The downloads stay in "Ready to Transfer" status. I am running latest Emby beta for linux and my iPad app is up to date. I have attached the server log. 

embyserver (2).txt

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 3:46 PM, IkeTaylor11 said:

@Luke it seems this issue has resurfaced again. No downloads are working on the Emby app for iPad. The downloads stay in "Ready to Transfer" status. I am running latest Emby beta for linux and my iPad app is up to date. I have attached the server log. 

embyserver (2).txt 870.44 kB · 1 download

Make sure that you haven't closed the app on the apple device. You can put the app in the background, but if you close it, then the app's background process will not be able to run.

IkeTaylor11
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Make sure that you haven't closed the app on the apple device. You can put the app in the background, but if you close it, then the app's background process will not be able to run.

The app is open. I have even left running in the foreground for hours on end. The downloads never happen. They just stay on ready to transfer. 

Try tapping/clicking on the download folder/group to edit it & then tap/click save. So far that's a workaround that continues the downloading for me.

IkeTaylor11
49 minutes ago, AlHayes said:

Try tapping/clicking on the download folder/group to edit it & then tap/click save. So far that's a workaround that continues the downloading for me.

I have tried that both from the client as well as the server, nothing works. The only thing I haven't done is delete the app and start over. On a previous emby server I had i couldnt get downloads to delete from a device even after i removed them on the server. The only way to fix it was reformat my iPad back to factory settings. I think the iPad app just is crap right now.