Question about my user transcoding permissions

NewAndreas

NewAndreas
Samsung model number: UE55 RU7305 KXXC

Samsung firmware version: T-MSLDEUC 1352.0

Samsung Emby client version: 1.0.76

My TV seems to not want to play anything at all.

What happens is I will select a movie or TV-Show, the buffering animation will show up, it will buffer for varying amounts of time (1 minute to several minutes), and then show a "No compatible streams are currently avaliable." error screen. In the log file of EmbyServer I can see "SessionManager: Session *** has gone idle while playing".

I've tried several different file formats. It won't play MP4 H264 with normal AAC audio, it won't play MKVs with both H264 and H265. The odd thing is that yesterday it played a whole season of a TV show fine, but that was after pulling power from the TV and reinstalling the Emby app. Today it won't play again.

Maybe it's something network related? I can't play music on the TV app either, but I can load photo albums and view the library. I have theme songs on many shows, and when streaming was working yesterday it would play those songs, but when it won't play videos or music it won't play the background theme songs.

Other streaming apps work normally on the TV.

You can see the sessions from the TV at the end of the logfile.

NewAndreas-embyserver160320-tizen-issue.txt

Edited by NewAndreas

SamES

Hi, I can see in the log that there appears to be a bitrate limit set (7Mbps).  This will cause transcoding

MaxStreamingBitrate=7000000

but you have also got transcoding disabled for this user on the server

User policy for Andreas. EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: False EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True

This combination will generally result in no playable streams.

Please check the server, user and TV client settings to ensure that there are no unintended bitrate limits set

Edited by SamES
  • Like 2

but you have also got transcoding disabled for this user on the server

User policy for Andreas. EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: False EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True

If you do this, please make sure to read the very important help text underneath the option.

• Like 1

NewAndreas

Tried another time now, and the app tried playback for 10 minutes then showed the same error as before: "No compatible streams are currently avaliable". The error screen is also stacked three times so you have to press return 3 times to get back to the main menu  :lol:

You can see a repeating pattern from 21:46 to 21:56 in the logs

NewAndreas-embyserver170320-2-tizen-issue.txt

SamES

I'm seeing these crashes about cinemamode.  Do you have it enabled?

It might be worth disabling some of the not so common plugins as well

2020-03-17 19:56:54.250 Error HttpServer: Error processing request

*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.3.1.0
Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
Operating system: Unix 4.19.0.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
User Interactive: True
Runtime: file:///system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
Processor count: 2
Program data path: /config
Application directory: /system
MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException: MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException: Configuration with key cinemamode not found.
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.AppBase.BaseConfigurationManager.<>c__DisplayClass42_0.<GetConfiguration>b__0(String k)
  at System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.GetOrAdd(TKey key, Func`2 valueFactory)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.AppBase.BaseConfigurationManager.GetConfiguration(String key)
  at MediaBrowser.Api.ConfigurationService.Get(GetNamedConfiguration request)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
TargetSite: System.Object <GetConfiguration>b__0(System.String)

• Like 1

NewAndreas

I'm seeing these crashes about cinemamode.  Do you have it enabled?

It might be worth disabling some of the not so common plugins as well

I think it's just complaining about the Cinema Mode plugin not being installed. I tried to install it now but that did not make a difference. I figure the rest of the plugins are pretty non-invasive in regards to this problem, but I might be completely wrong?

NewAndreas

Ok, I should have tried this earlier, but after manually adding my server using the local IP address to Emby Theater on the TV it now plays everything correctly.

I was previously using Emby Connect to configure Emby Theater.

I did see this error in the logs appear when using the TV with the Emby Connect method of connecting to the server:

2020-03-17 23:17:54.836 Warn App: Unable to respond to udp request because the local ip address could not be determined.

I have both my phone and PC connected on the same network using Emby Connect so don't understand the reason for the problem on the TV.

Edited by NewAndreas