Trailers - stuttering - not working properly

hd4fun

DGMayor

Yup, crystal clear.  The video stats immediately too.  Before it was delayed maybe  a second or two.

ebr, do you mind looking into vevo as well. I can't get the videos to play.

Please address in a different thread.  Snazy can help you.

breezytm

I played some videos from the web and they played fine. CPU was at 60%. I can't even play any videos from vevo channels in another computer's browser. Trailers play fine though. I understand the video player is old and all that good/bad stuff. Two questions and I'll leave it alone. 

Does it work fine for everyone else? And also if i choose to download the videos from channels, how does it know which videos to download? Does it download the entire Vevo libraries. Vevo has tons of vidoes. 

Edited by breezytm

breezytm

I enabled channels download since yesterday. Trailers videos were download and Vevo never downloaded anything. 

It's annoying. Vevo from xbmc is working perfectly fine in the same box and it doesn't work in MB. I don't like the idea of switching back and forth between MBC and XMBC. I just want to stick with MB since it doesn't requires exiting from WMC.  :(

Anyway thanks for getting trailers working again. 

Vevo may not download because, as you pointed out, that would probably be way too much to download.

• Like 1

Deihmos

Why is ffmpeg running when playing trailers?  Why does it have to convert the video stream?

Edited by Deihmos

I enabled channels download since yesterday. Trailers videos were download and Vevo never downloaded anything. 

It's annoying. Vevo from xbmc is working perfectly fine in the same box and it doesn't work in MB. I don't like the idea of switching back and forth between MBC and XMBC. I just want to stick with MB since it doesn't requires exiting from WMC.  :(

Anyway thanks for getting trailers working again. 

Xbmc has a bit more control over their video player than mbc does. That's basically the reason. Once Tom has added channels to MBT, you'll see the same thing from us.

breezytm

Xbmc has a bit more control over their video player than mbc does. That's basically the reason. Once Tom has added channels to MBT, you'll see the same thing from us.

I get that. I understand the old WMC player is the root cause. I just think it sucks. That's all I am saying. Trailers works fine now so I was hoping Vevo would too. 

Oh by the way i think Vevo for XBMC is using youtube to stream the videos rather than actual vevo. Anyway thanks for the efforts. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/684vq3ymsliqjg0/2014-07-04%2015.30.16.mov

breezytm

Vevo may not download because, as you pointed out, that would probably be way too much to download.

Make sense. Removing channels. 

Vevo has downloading options, for latest items only. Although it might not be available until the next server release.

• Like 1

ebr, do you mind looking into vevo as well. I can't get the videos to play.

It's not able to sustain a viewable framerate

frame= 159 fps=9.1 q=2.0 size= 3907kB time=00:00:05.85 bitrate=5469.2kbits/s

9.1 fps isn't going to work.

So you first want to play with the channel quality settings, possibly picking the lowest. But even that will only work if vevo offers multiple qualities. So if that doesn't help, the next thing to do will be be to use the downloading features so that you're not streaming from vevo on the fly.

you might also want to try external players with channels. now before you jump on me for saying that, understand that it's very difficult to transcode on the fly to wmc given it's age and very limited support for that. we can't even do h264 for example. obviously our other clients won't have this problem, but wmc is 10+ years old. So something like mpc-hc will definitely produce a better result.

hd4fun

I haven't followed up after starting the thread but...

it seems that the caching \temp folder was /is not being erased/emptied properly.

Maybe after the disk fills ups or some other reason in

Now that I found that and cleared it out the trailers are playing in high def again

without stuttering

again - I have everything set up to run through mpc-hc - except trailers

On the main MBC screen

none of the trailers show up ?  

How / will they be there in the future ?

caching temp folder where?

On the main MBC screen

none of the trailers show up ?

Have you enabled channels in the config pages?

breezytm

caching temp folder where?

Have you enabled channels in the config pages?

I think he is referring to EHS. In the released\beta version I don't think the trailers shows up there. They do in the last two dev versions though. Unless you updated beta while I was still in dev.