New Plugin - Samsung SmartThings

chef

hstamas

Oh and while your at it, if you have time to look, I still cant set up the configurations in IOS or Safari. Can’t scroll down far enough to to get to the save button. I believe Ive posted screenshots in this thread earlier.

Not a big deal to just use Chrome to do this but thought you might want to know.

Edited by hstamas

chef

Here you go @@chef.

Again when you pause, the pause scene activates for about a second then it goes back to the play scene. If you unpause and pause again it does the same thing but then if you let it sit paused, the pause scene eventually kicks in.

Found it! Hey @@hstamas, is your unpause event scene the same as the play event scene? Just out of curiosity.

hstamas

Found it! Hey @@hstamas, is your unpause event scene the same as the play event scene? Just out of curiosity.

Why yes, yes it is. Seems logical to reuse for play and unpause but I certainly can make a dedicated unpause scene if that would fix it. 

lmk if you’d rather go that route instead of changing the plugin itself.

chef

But we shouldn't have to create duplicate scenes though.

What is interesting is that duplicate scenes stops the glitchy weirdness.

I think I have a fix. I'll post it shortly.

jdbarnes

Corect, I don’t use a duplicate scene since my scenes are tied to virtual switch’s, IFTTT, WebCore and SmartThings, these all utilize Nest, outside sensors, LED light strips, and LIFX plus Harmony controller. Each scene does a separate setting but all seem to work. Only issue I have had was with the final credit scenes activating 5 minutes from end of movie. Would activate if at 90 seconds, sometimes.

• Like 1

hstamas

Just an FYI guys, since I didnt have anything better to do I created a dedicated "unpause" scene. Same glitch occurs.

chef

@@hstamas I think I fixed this issue.

@@jdbarnes the end credit scenes are giving me a problem in vera as well. 

Please try this version and let me know if it is still causing these issues. If we resolve even one of them, I will post a new version in the catalog, and then work out what is causing the other problem.

DOWNLOAD: SamsungSmartThings.zip

Edited by chef

hstamas

@@hstamas I think I fixed this issue.

@@jdbarnes the end credit scenes are giving me a problem in vera as well. 

Please try this version and let me know if it is still causing these issues. If we resolve even one of them, I will post a new version in the catalog, and then work out what is causing the other problem.

DOWNLOAD: attachicon.gifSamsungSmartThings.zip

My problem still exists @@chef although it seems to cycle through faster now eventually settling on the correct pause scene.

Again when I hit pause it activates the pause scene but only for about 1 second. Then goes back to the play scene then for 3-4 seconds and finally back to the pause scene.

chef

@@hstamas

I have added an extreme amount of logging here in this version so we can get to the bottom of it.

I have one theory why the Kodi client might be uniquely experiencing this.

Please try again (if you have time), and send me a log :)

If possible could your turn off "Enable Debug loggin" if it is turned on :)

DOWNLOAD: SamsungSmartThings.zip

hstamas

@@hstamas

I have added an extreme amount of logging here in this version so we can get to the bottom of it.

Will do @@chef but know that I also tried this in the proper Emby app for Android TV and it does the same thing. Might not be able to get to this until later this afternoon or this evening though.

• Like 1

hstamas

@@hstamas

Here you go @@chef.

Tried both Emby for Kodi and Android TV app.

Dont tell my boss!

embyserver.txt

jdbarnes

I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know what I see on my system. Thanks Chef for all the work on this.

jdbarnes

Chef, sorry for the delay. Got to play a movie tonight with the original plug in you sent in April. Everything worked as it should, the play movie scene activated after the intro played, ( ignored the intros) pause scene turned all lights on at 30%, resume scene turned them off and the credit scene activated 90 seconds from the end of the movie. When the movie stopped playing the stop scene activated all the lights back on. I will load the newer plugin to see if it works the same in the morning, and will send the log to you. Have you figured out why the credits scene can only be activated 90 seconds out? When I adjusted it to 180 seconds it did not work.

hstamas

@@hstamas,

I’m using the Emby app on the 2017 Nvidia Shield and having no issues with SmartThings scenes working.

Me too. 2017 Shied using both the Emby app and Emby for Kodi. Ive reverted back to my Hue plugin and that works fine so I'm not sure what's wrong on my end.

Will wait until @@chef has a chance to chime back in before I start troubleshooting more. Maybe just deleting my Smartthings scenes and starting fresh might help?

chef

Hey guys. Sorry the delay has been long. The The current world issues are having adverse effects on my day job at the moment. Trying to sort out safe ways to deal with the public.

Back on point, just to make sure I understand somethings properly.

You'd like to be able to set a scene when a custom intro plays before a movie?

Or is it that you'd like to have a scene trigger during the first three minutes (give or take) of playback during the open credits of the movie?

Or is it that the end credit scenes are not triggering at the time set in the configuration?

Also, looking at pause, and unpause scenes. Are they working for you guys, or are they still glitchy and acting strangely?

It looks like I have some time to put into programing again this week (thank goodness... The day job is stressful), so it would be great to spend time on this to iron it out.

I was also wondering if maybe having the smartthibgs plugin and Phillips hue plugin running at the same time might interfere with each other... That might actually be an issue.

Edited by chef

jdbarnes

Thanks @@chef, the intros are skipped over and the play scene runs correctly. I believe you said that’s the way the programming was setup to ignore intros. Works like it is supposed to, if you wanted to write another option I would use it so like have lights dim to 30% while intros play, then trigger play scene and all lights go off.

The pause and resume scene work for me, @@hstamas said his are not working,

@hsramas, I wonder if you are trying to use both the Hue plugin and SmartThings they are conflicting with each other.

The credit scene will not trigger when the end credit configuration is set for more than 90 seconds. So if I wanted it to trigger at 5 minutes from the end of the movie (this is usually when credits start on the screen) the scene will not trigger. I have only been able to get it to trigger when I set it for 90 seconds from the end of the movie. When I set it for more, the credit scene will fail to activate, the stop scene will activate when the movie is complete with all configurations.

jdbarnes

@@hstamas,

Why run both Hue and SmartThings? I use LIFX and generic LED strips for lighting. With SmartThings, I can control all of them. I believe you can control HUE lights with SmartThings, would probably have to setup a virtual switch in SmartThings, then setup a scene to run.

For SmartThings Play scene, I have 3 virtual switches that run when the scene is activated. When first virtual switch is turned on, a WebCore Piston will run and set Nest temp and IFTTT will run a LIFX scene and dim wall lights down. A second virtual switch will run another IFTTT applet and turn off generic lights behind my screen (uses Magic Home IFTTT), third virtual switch also runs IFTTT applet for floor LED lighting, changes color and reduces to 2% light output ( Magic Home)

hstamas

I do have both plugins installed but I don’t run them concurrently. What I did was remove all the profiles from the Hue plugin, basically disabling it once I started transitioning over to Smartthing.

i will completely remove the Hue plugin and give that a go and report back.

@@chef, just in case you missed it, I did upload another set of logs a few posts back when you requested it. You had mentioned you turned on some extensive logging that round.

• Like 1

hstamas

Just completely uninstalled the Hue plugin and same behavior. When I pause, the pause scene triggers then it goes right back to the play scene. 

chef

That is the strangest thing. @@hstamas I can see the unpause thing happening when it shouldn't.

Then it actually triggers several times before resolving.

I'm on it sir!

jdbarnes

@@chef,

Just watched a movie, everything ran as it should. This was with the new code you sent last week. Play worked (after intros played), pause worked, resume worked, credits ran at the 89 second mark towards the last 89 seconds of the movie and the stop scene ran when the movie was done and Emby screen went back to movie info. I have attached the log for you to review.

embyserver.txt

• Like 1