Add channel name to search results when setting a recording. (All apps)

Red5ive

Red5ive

I'm in the UK using a freeview TV line up. In my channel list I have both SD and HD versions of channels (BBC 1 on channel 1 and BBC HD on channel 101 for example)

When searching for a recording to make, such as the example below 'The Gadget Show' I get results for both channels but you cant see which one is for the HD channel, or indeed  what channel it is on without having to click on every entry to check.

Could the search results list the channel and number as well as episode detail so that it is easier to see which one to record?

On a related note, using the web app in the new edge browser there is no arrows or scroll bar to view all the search results on this screen

post-525280-0-68275600-1573995799_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hi, ultimately we plan to group those so that you only see one, then you would click that and see all airings on the next screen.

The arrows seem to be working ok from here in the new Edge, but I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks.

Red5ive

Hi, ultimately we plan to group those so that you only see one, then you would click that and see all airings on the next screen.

The arrows seem to be working ok from here in the new Edge, but I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks.

Yep, that sounds like a much better system. Any idea how along down the road that may be implemented?

• 1 month later...
Red5ive

Any news if this will be coming to the next version? Even a small change to the current search results to show the channel name under the title would greatly help in the selection of recordings.

Also related, I am still getting random movie extras appearing below the search results as posted here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/80524-movie-extras-appearing-in-search-results-for-live-tv-movie-recordings/

Was you seeing this your end @@Luke?

• 1 month later...
Red5ive

(note that I previously requested this under this post: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/79360-search-for-tv-shows-to-record-shows-channel-details-and-episode-details/

but the topic title was a little confusing so please merge with this one to aid other peoples search)

When searching the TV guide for a show to record the results are shown with only the Show thumb, title and time its on.

If the same episode is being shown on multiple channels and times you get a long list of shows to select such as this example:

post-525280-0-51257000-1582726784_thumb.jpg

These include results for SD, HD and +1 channels but there is no way to know which one is which. For instance if you wanted to set up a series record of the show but only wanted the HD channel version you would have to click through all the entries until you found the correct one.

This could simply be eliminated by including the channel name under the title and time. - A simple addition.

This effects all apps but I (and I guess most people) find it easier to search for things using the Android and web app.

Further enhancement would be to have the choice of preferring HD or SD channels in the search results by default.

Edited by Red5ive

Hi, the reason it's not currently there is because ultimately we plan to just have one entry for the Gadget show, then you click on that and see all the airings.

Red5ive

I realise that's the plan, I also appreciate getting that done would involve a lot of work and with all the other priorities realise we could be in for a long wait.

Thats why I hoped as a stop-gap measure you could just enable an extra txt field below with the channel number until the new search results system is ready. Possible?

• 4 months later...
Red5ive

Any update on when we will see an improvement in this?

It's such a pain having to click through lots if search results just to find the one that is being shown on the correct HD channel.

can we get grouped search results showing channel number or at the very least add the channel number to the current search results using the Web app.

• 4 months later...
Red5ive

Still hoping to see an improvement here. It would take out the guess-work of picking the correct airing to record if we could see the channel number in the search results.

Here is what is displayed in the web app or android when searching for a show:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.5bf284992746373e22d9d0ecbbc64ecc.jpg

And this could be made a lot less confusing by simply adding the channel number and name below, like this:

2027942999_Untitled2.thumb.jpg.b7ccf58e0b533edd8928081d401ab899.jpg

Is that not a simple enough method to solve the problem without having to make massive UI changes?

Red5ive

Been a year since I started this thread and you posted in July that you were hoping to look at this soon, can you give any indication how many updates away it could be?