PlayOn Integration: aka Netflix and Hulu on MB

cracksloth

saitoh183

Playon is US only. I use a DNS forwarding site to access the contents

• Like 1

BillW

No - can someone just donate an account to him? This is going to be a popular one. He's going to need an account in order to debug issues.

I'll donate an account for development. Let me know how to proceed. I love this software but can't write a line of code to help out. This is the least I can do. I won't be around much today. I have company from out of town. I'll take care of it tomorrow after work if that's ok. 

• Like 2

Deihmos
saitoh183, on 13 Jul 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:saitoh183, on 13 Jul 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:

Playon is US only. I use a DNS forwarding site to access the contents

If it is USA only what is the point of paying to use it? Can already get all the content on roku, web, smartphone, tablets. Too bad there isn't a trial.

Edited by Deihmos

saitoh183

Well I'm in Canada so it's useful. For people in the US it's an alternative to cable

mini__me

PlayOn also works with lots of bits out of the US. UK Netflix and UK Amazon Prime work fine, there is also possible support for NFL Gamepass on the cards. There are various scripts such as BBC iPlayer to serve some of that content as well as record it.

I see you have an offer already for an account so I guess the best I can do is buy your plugin once complete :)

• Like 1

But seriously, if you made a premium plug in is pay for it. If you gave it away I'd still send you some cash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

snazy2000

The plugin is basicly there just making sure works ok :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Like 3

snazy2000

I've just put the plugin up in the catalog requires dev build so some will have to wait :)

• Like 2

snazy2000

You should all be able to see it in the catalog now

Solid work. Is there any chance of getting a plugin for MBC on W7? I don't have any W8 machines.

snazy2000

The playon plugin is a channel plugin so works through MBC

snazy2000

The channel plugin is for MBS but MBS streams the channel through MBC

saitoh183

Ok thanks. Should I be seeing a plugin under channels in the MBS Config page? I'm running Version 3.0.5309.26857 and I don't see anything that says PlayOn.

Am I right in guessing I install the plugin in MBS, create a PlayOn account, load the channel in MBC (currently using MBPLUS)

You must buy playon if you want to use the plugin

Ok sorry for the totally noob questions, I thought I understood what was going on but perhaps I don't. I thought you were talking about a plugin in the MBS catalogue but I think now you meant a channel plugin for playon itself, right? Can you tell me a bit on how you get playon as a channel for MBC (if that's what you mean). Just enough to get started would help. Cheers

The channel plugin is for MBS but MBS streams the channel through MBC

Ok thanks. Should I be seeing a plugin under channels in the MBS Config page? I'm running Version 3.0.5309.26857 and I don't see anything that says PlayOn.

Am I right in guessing I install the plugin in MBS, create a PlayOn account, load the channel in MBC (currently using MBPLUS)

Thanks. I figured I have to buy a playon account but I'm confused as to 1) where I get the plugin and 2) the mechanic if it. Ie, do I run a program along with MBC? Basically.....help. Sorry for the noobness.

The Baron

I don't see it either in the catalogue list, now I've selected to only run the release version of MBS. Do you need to be running a dev or bata release of the server to be able to see the PlayOn plugin in the Plugin list?