Media Browser Client (iOS) iPad

MSL_DK

Durandahl

Just to clarify: my issue isn't strictly speaking a resume issue in the sense that if I close the app and attempt to watch the movie again - but when I use the iPad app to pause the movie as it's playing on another desktop client. The app pauses it just fine but will not unpause it. Still can't remember if it was always like that!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I have a problem getting the Media Browser Client to work on the iPad. The app can see my MB Server and shows me the users on my system but after I login no movies appear. On the MB Server I can see that it generates an API key but it says unknown app and unknown device.

I'm running iOS 7.1.2 and the latest build of MB server running on Win 7 Pro. There is more than 2900 movies and around 3000 music albums on the server.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

mrtwopoints

I have a friend who is unable to download the app. It tells him that the app is no longer available. What's up?

im85288

Is anybody having problems using the iPad app remotely? My kids try to do so and although the audio plays, the video freezes after about 5 seconds. I have moved them onto the web client via safari and everything plays fine there.

im85288

Thanks, they are not techie enough to change that to the correct one so I guess until HLS is supported I'll get them to stick to the web client

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
andcbii

I can confirm that iso works both for BD rips, AVCHD rips and DVD rips as of the new released ipad client in appstore.

Thanks for the excellent support and listening to the issues customers have!!!

Kind Regards,

-SR-

I can not get ISO files to pay in my iphone. i keep getting "Error: URL not Found"

Longrifle

I had DVD rips of all 900 movies, I have converted them all to MP4 and I am much happier with the results.

now playing on all my devices is flawless, iPhone 6, iPad 2, iPhone 5c, windows browser, mac browser, Media Browser Classic, Media Browser Theatre, Chromecast, Roku, and Android devices as well.

it took a while but it was well worth it.

I had given ISO files a chance as well but it was not great for streaming, specially when out of the home network.

andcbii

I'm on the fence about switching from ISO to MKV so i can stream easier/better. I'm using makemkv and i'm starting to have issues with discs having multiple playlists and not knowing which one to rip...

I wasn't expecting ISO files to play back correctly on my phone but was surprised other people had it working. 

• 4 weeks later...
steve1977

There is a client that claims that iphone/ipad can actually play DTS / DTS-HD natively. Is this a false claim or indeed possible? I have no interest in this app and will stick with MB for IOS, but (if this is for real) would love to see this supported.

http://blog.firecore.com/12414

• 1 month later...
wippet

Can I get a little support getting the app to connect? I purchased Media Browser Client for the iPad Air 2 a few months ago, and it worked great (couldn't launch blu-ray ISO's, only DVD ISO's but no big deal).

Now however I can't even get the app to connect to Media Server running on my Windows 7 x64 Media PC over the local network.

If I do the auto search in the app, it shows nothing, if I manually enter 192.168.1.100 Port 8096 I still get an error: 

I've tried adding the two ports to my firewall on the Media PC, I've tried adding a password to the "Media" user account on the PC, I've tried creating a Media Browser Connect account but there's nowhere on the app to sign in using this.

I've also tried opening Safari on the iPad and putting 192.168.1.100:8096 in to the web address but it won't connect that way either.

I've also tried that on another PC in the house, and it won't load the page.

However if I open the web browser on my media pc and enter  192.168.1.100:8096 I do get the login screen, so it's like it's not being broadcast over my home network or something.

I'm using a Linksys TL-WR841N modem at one end of the house, then an AirPort Extreme at the other end (hardwired) which is set up as an access point without DHCP. I can access all the PC's on the network from any other PC (to transfer files etc), but getting Media Browser Server and the iPad to connect is doing me in!

Hope that's enough information!

Oh i also port forwarded the two ports in the Linksys modem to 192.158.1.100 both TCP and UDP.

Can I get a little support getting the app to connect? I purchased Media Browser Client for the iPad Air 2 a few months ago, and it worked great (couldn't launch blu-ray ISO's, only DVD ISO's but no big deal).

Now however I can't even get the app to connect to Media Server running on my Windows 7 x64 Media PC over the local network.

If I do the auto search in the app, it shows nothing, if I manually enter 192.168.1.100 Port 8096 I still get an error: 

I've tried adding the two ports to my firewall on the Media PC, I've tried adding a password to the "Media" user account on the PC, I've tried creating a Media Browser Connect account but there's nowhere on the app to sign in using this.

I've also tried opening Safari on the iPad and putting 192.168.1.100:8096 in to the web address but it won't connect that way either.

I've also tried that on another PC in the house, and it won't load the page.

However if I open the web browser on my media pc and enter  192.168.1.100:8096 I do get the login screen, so it's like it's not being broadcast over my home network or something.

I'm using a Linksys TL-WR841N modem at one end of the house, then an AirPort Extreme at the other end (hardwired) which is set up as an access point without DHCP. I can access all the PC's on the network from any other PC (to transfer files etc), but getting Media Browser Server and the iPad to connect is doing me in!

Hope that's enough information!

Oh i also port forwarded the two ports in the Linksys modem to 192.158.1.100 both TCP and UDP.

we are working on an app update that adds connect support, apologies for the delay on that. but if you can't even load the web client on the tablet then it sounds like a firewall issue with your server not allowing it.

wippet

Thanks for the reply.

Windows firewall is the problem (also have Trend a Micro but closing that didn't make a difference).

Took a look through the firewall program allowances and mediabrowser.serverapplication.exe wasn't ticked so it wasn't getting through.

All sorted thanks very much! I probably should have been able to work that out myself...

mediacowboy

It happens to the best of us. We get to making it harder then it is.

wippet

Yes a bit of a rookie oversight, got to love an easy fix though.

Now if we can get Blu-Ray ISO's to stream it will be perfection!

• 2 weeks later...
allen00se

The beta version has the DLNA working, we are currently testing it. There are couple issues that needs to be sorted out but the next update should have the DLNA remote support.

Just curious, should DLNA remote play be working now? Last I checked if I tried to use the remote play feature from my phone or my ipad app it would not work, however it worked fine from the browser.

• 3 weeks later...
olerocker

Hi guys, just purchased this app from the App Store for my iPad I can't figure out how to play anything, there is no Play button.

Am I missing something ?