Media Browser Client (iOS) iPad

MSL_DK

allen00se

if you check on your web client the images for one TV show, what do you  see? 

Mine

On my iPad, it shows the primary.

Thanks this was it... for some reason all my primaries were banners.

• Like 1

darwindeeds

Hi. First of all great work and great app!! 

I can confirm app is crashing a lot when just scrolling thru the movie library also when going into movies it takes about 1-2 minutes till movies load could that be because of 1500+ movies because when going into TV e.g. which has only 10-20 TV shows it loads instantly. 

Anyway this is just to let you guys know and I am sure you will come up with the fixes in the next few updates. 

We are looking into the crash issue. As far as the library size is concerned after the first load, the movie list will be cached, so the list will load instantly. After that you will only need to manual refresh you library once in a while.

darwindeeds

Great work, congrats for the release.

Missing only 2 things comparing to web clients:

- On the fly bandwidth, audio track, subtitle selection

- Filters and sorting capabilities

Thanks for your feedback. Have you tried the local sort options? Did find something missing in this sort? If you don't mind can you share your feedback in mbios.uservoice.com so that everyone can vote and track the progress of your feature request? User voting helps us prioritize the issues/features.

53a1dc883b1c5_image.png

Edited by darwindeeds

Mfusick

I like the missing episodes feature because then I know what episodes I may have missed obtaining automatically and requires manual intervention. 

I really like that I can then run a report for all missing episodes.  I just wish I had a little more control over the report so those 20+ shows where I don't care about the first 15"ish" seasons as I've watched previously and deleted which show up on the report.  It'd be nice to set a latest season option as a filter, but that's a feature request for MB3 server.  :)

Thanks @darwindeeds, I've voted it up and will be setting up an account over there... eventually.  ;)

This is a great feature!

I have long used the missing episode report in MCM for that purpose. 

foghat

Great work guys.  This is very slick.  Out just in time for me to take delivery of my surface pro 3. :)

I can confirm that the marking of something watched/unwatched from ipad is not working.  Does not update the server, does not update after a refresh on ipad.  Same issue that the iphone app has.  Happens with TV shows and Movies.

Edited by foghat

denethor

Have you tried the local sort options? Did find something missing in this sort?

Yep I tried that already.

Sort by; Critics and IMDB ratings, Metascore, Bitrate are missing.

for sure I will add this one to uservoice.

allen00se

Just wanted to say that it is awesome to finally have an iPad app! Looks like LiveTV is getting a lot of votes on the suggestions page, you should really consider doing "in app" purchases for stuff like that to get you paid! Anyone who doesn't feel that your time isn't worth some $$ can just move on down the road.

Thanks again, and I look foward to the iPhone app getting updated to match.

• Like 1

denethor

Thanks for your feedback. Have you tried the local sort options?,

By the way trying to sort by ratings just crashing the app. I think this is because of the size of my library. (~ 1800 movies)

In the mean time what type of ratings are we talking about in this case? I assume that it is IMDB or Metascore ratings. I shouldn't be Parental Ratings,

right? Because sort by parental ratings is not logical. Parental rating should be used as filters, sorting by parental ratings does not make any sense ;)

darwindeeds

@allen00se thanks for your support and feedback. After the initial releases for bug fixes, we will start reviewing the features/enhancements. Uservoice will help us prioritize the features.

Edited by darwindeeds

lolwut

Fantastic App, Well Done Guys! :)))

Meets every expectation!

I had discovered only 2 bugs:

1 - All Season numbers appear as 0

2 - Cant connect to the server through hostname (dynamic dns), while being able to connecting it through IP address.

foghat

@@foghat I tried that again and it seems to be working. Is it possible for you attach server logs for it?

@@darwindeeds, here you go.  Fresh log.  The first two errors are from when I marked a movie as watched.  the next 2 from marking the same movie as unwatched.

server-63538646400.txt

foghat

Meets every expectation!

2 - Cant connect to the server through hostname (dynamic dns), while being able to connecting it through IP address.

My season numbers appear correctly.

allen00se

FYI, Play to device doesnt seem to be working with the iPad app. (Error Request failed: Client error (422)) Same files will play to device from web browser. FWIW I am trying to play to XBMC Gotham. Do you need logs?

darwindeeds

Meets every expectation!

As far as all season numbers being 0, I think its xml related issue. @@sfnetwork, can you please refresh here on what you did to fix it?

To connecting the device using the dynamic dns try entering the address with the http e., xxxxxx.dnsdynamic.com and port 8096

I connect via dnsdynamic as well and it works fine. We will add some helper text to say not to add http.

Edited by darwindeeds
  • Like 1

lolwut

As far as all season numbers being 0, I think its xml related issue. @@sfnetwork, can you please refresh here on what you did to fix it?

To connecting the device using the dynamic dns try entering the address with the http e., xxxxxx.dnsdynamic.com and port 8096

I connect via dnsdynamic as well and it works fine. We will add some helper text to say not to add http.

I didnt notice DDNS option arrived at server config page, thanks

@@sfnetwork, glad you already have a solution from alpha for this :)

sfnetwork

I didnt notice DDNS option arrived at server config page, thanks

@@sfnetwork, glad you already have a solution from alpha for this :)

Do you use MetaBrowser by any chance? (about the season 0)

it's a bug that I entered there and it's resolved for next build. (missing info in season.xml)

sfnetwork

In my case, issue came from MetaBrowser in season.xml. And iPad client, to my knowledge is the only client that uses the season number metadata instead of season name...

But basically, if there is no season number in season.xml, it will show 0 in iPad client...

http://themetabrowser.com/issues/1297

2014-06-18%2010-44-33%20PM.jpg

***BTW, to fix it manually, simply edit the season in MB metadata manager and manually add the season number.

Edited by sfnetwork
  • Like 2

megs8888

I have installed the new iPad app it finds server but nothing seems to be working could someone assist please it would be appreciated.

foghat

I have installed the new iPad app it finds server but nothing seems to be working could someone assist please it would be appreciated.

You are going to have to provide more information.  For starters, define 'nothing seems to be working'.  Do other clients work fine?

darwindeeds

If the server discovery does not work, please manually enter your server's ip address and port number as 8096, then try that. 

Thanks. Report back if you have issues connecting to your server.

sfnetwork

Thanks alot @@sfnetwork, yes I am using metabrowser, I ll just write a script to convert local title to season number, thanks again

Maybe you could share this script in meantime BTW in case someone else needs it ;)

But it shouldn't be long for next MetaBrowser update though...

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Thanks alot @@sfnetwork, yes I am using metabrowser, I ll just write a script to convert local title to season number, thanks again

Please share this stuff with the community, it goes a long way and post up in a new thread please.

Thanks for your support

darwindeeds

Remote play is not working from iPad to Web Client or Media Browser Classic(MBC)..I get an error that says client error 422..I can play from Web Client to MBC..I am New to Media Browser and just wondering that I am maybe did not have a setting selected on the Server or etc.

@@kjohnsonmtg Welcome to MB, It's probably not a server thing, when we developed the app we did not have all possible remote devices so we tested with what we had in hand, like chromecast, Apple TV, mbt, web client etc and our testers helped some but that did not cover all the clients that MB supports. While the server guys are working hard to unify the protocol to remote control all the clients, some of these clients may not conform to that protocol. As and when users find these clients, we will troubleshoot and fix them. We will have someone take a look at the MBC remote control support. Appreciate you reporting the issue.