Media Browser Client (iOS) iPad

MSL_DK

darwindeeds

Cool app!! Movies and TV work fine but does this support jpgs and mpgs? If I go into folders and then to my pics and music folders respectively, I get thumbnails but when clicking on individual photos or music albums I see the "media not supported" pop up. Am I doing something wrong or is this not supported?

The app currently does not support image library viewing, it something we would like to add in the future updates. Please drop a feedback in mbios.uservoice.com and as we work through the list. 

Local subtitle support is in the works.

Will research on ISO support

Thanks !

One other point, dns name resolution is not working, with ip address it works On WAN but not with dyndns name.

darwindeeds

Thanks !

One other point, dns name resolution is not working, with ip address it works On WAN but not with dyndns name.

Make sure you enter the address without the http:// so if you address is http://mbserver.dyndns.com just enter mbserver.dydns.com

We need to add a helper text to make that clear. Let me know if it still didn't work

Make sure you enter the address without the http:// so if you address is http://mbserver.dyndns.com just enter mbserver.dydns.com

We need to add a helper text to make that clear. Let me know if it still didn't work

That did the trick, Thanks a lot!

• Like 1

Harblar

Fantastic job on the App! The fact that it supports playto other devices makes it a no brainer for browsing and controlling my Home theater setup! Great work and well worth the wait!

I've noticed a few errors in my Library, but that's mostly due to me having recently converted all my DVD rips to mkv and I haven't gone through and manually corrected the metadata yet.

That being said I do have two suggestions. (the User voice link on the front page of this thread seems to be broken so I'll just post them here for now)

1.) Have the app remember the last PlayTo Client or be able to set a preferred default one. Everytime I start the app I have to browse the available clients and pick my HTPC from the list as it seems to default to the iPad as the client everytime it restarts. 99% of my usage of the app will be to play content on my HTPC so it would be really nice if I didn't have to manually select it everytime. (Would also be beneficial for guests that might not have a clue where to even look for this setting.)

2.) Some kind of integration with the Logitech Harmony Ultimate App (this might not even be possible, but it'd be really cool!) Talk about a one tablet total home theater control device! Anyway, I know that this would probably be pretty complicated (or impossible) to implement, so here is what I'm thinking... maybe just add a way to have the harmony app load and be quickly accessed by, say, pulling from the far left or right of the screen (similar to the ipad notifications and controls from the top and bottom).... I know this can be sortof done allready by having both apps open and doing a 4 finger swipe left or right, but if you access any other app after opening the two and then try to switch back it'll throw the swipe order off.  a direct back and forth overlay of the two would be nice.

Ultimately, when using the MB Client App to browse the library and control content playback on my theater, the only three buttons from the Harmony app that I really need access to are Volume+, Volume-, and Mute. This is the only thing that would force me to have to switch back and forth between the two apps. Maybe give the app the ability to control the volume level on other clients at least? That would at least allow you set a max volume point on your reciever before loading the app and then control the volume down from there in app (not as good as direct control of the reciever, but good enough to accomplish the goal.)

Well, those are just my ideas. Keep up the Great Work!!!

• Like 2

darwindeeds

@@Harblar thanks for trying our app and providing a detailed feedback. I have fixed the user voice feedback link it is https://mbios.dnsdynamic.com

A fully featured remote is something we would like to add, we want to first make sure the "play to" feature is solid and working. There are more clients out there than we could test so its going to take some time to get that working correctly. I can understand how it should be convenient to use one device to control them all. We will eventually get there :)

• Like 1

allen00se

Is anyone else having trouble with DLNA streaming to the XBox One with the new ipad app?  I have been using the Web client on my ipad for a while to send movies to the Xbox One but I am having no luck with the new app.  The Xbox shows up in the available devices list but when you select it and push play, nothing happens :(

Thanks,

S.

My iPad app doesnt play to any of my devices that my browser does. Not sure whats going on.

parrotheadcubs

My iPad app doesnt play to any of my devices that my browser does. Not sure whats going on.

I can barely get anything to work with the xbox. Some movies play. Some pause every 20 seconds. This is dlna from the internet on the xbox. I definitely get nothing playing from the iPad to the xbox. Nothing happens.

gandja

I can barely get anything to work with the xbox. Some movies play. Some pause every 20 seconds. This is dlna from the internet on the xbox. I definitely get nothing playing from the iPad to the xbox. Nothing happens.

Fantastic app guys, I have been using the web client for sometime and primarily use it to DLNA play to my LG TV - this has been working flawlessly, however this new app is not working for the DLNA Play to.

It picks up the client (LG TV) in the list of DLNA clients but when I choose the appropriate DLNA client and then press play on the media nothing happens - note this is the same for all DLNA clients listed not just the LG TV. The same client(s) work perfectly in the web client on the ipad and the media plays fine on the iPad directly.

Such a shame as this is my primary use scenario for the app (ie essentially a remote control for mediabrowser to operate on my DLNA devices). The way you've put together the app is both eye watering and efficient for media consumption in my household, but sadly hobbled by this DLNA play to issue.

Is there something I'm missing here? seems strange that it doesn't work on the ios app yet at the same moment works flawlessly on the web client on my ipad.

allen00se

Fantastic app guys, I have been using the web client for sometime and primarily use it to DLNA play to my LG TV - this has been working flawlessly, however this new app is not working for the DLNA Play to.

It picks up the client (LG TV) in the list of DLNA clients but when I choose the appropriate DLNA client and then press play on the media nothing happens - note this is the same for all DLNA clients listed not just the LG TV. The same client(s) work perfectly in the web client on the ipad and the media plays fine on the iPad directly.

Such a shame as this is my primary use scenario for the app (ie essentially a remote control for mediabrowser to operate on my DLNA devices). The way you've put together the app is both eye watering and efficient for media consumption in my household, but sadly hobbled by this DLNA play to issue.

Is there something I'm missing here? seems strange that it doesn't work on the ios app yet at the same moment works flawlessly on the web client on my ipad.

Do you get any error? Sometimes i get nothing at all and others i get a "422" error.

darwindeeds

We will fix the DLNA issue with the next update, the primary focus of the initial release was to get initially setup laid for the remote and enable Chromecast and MB clients working. Other remote features and client support, including DLNA will be fixed in the future updates. 

• Like 1

JohnVee

Hi,

On the home page, posters that are 1000x1426 dimension...standard at fanart.tv, show a light grey bar at the top and bottom of the poster.

Using a poster from The Movie Database that is 1000x1500 does not have those bars at the top and bottom.

53aaefba95bf9_MediaBrowseriOSApp.jpg

kreeturez

Massive props from the Mrs (and even the kids) on their first use of the app today, after I spent the weekend raving about it. Happened while I was at a client so I can't even take encouragement-credit.

Both WAF and KAF are sky-high. UI needed zero explaining to either of them.

So yet again: fantastic work, man.

Edited by kreeturez
  • Like 3

darwindeeds

Any one with ISO files in their library willing to help us to test/fix the ISO playback issue? You can message here or PM me.

Any one with ISO files in their library willing to help us to test/fix the ISO playback issue? You can message here or PM me.

I've some, I can help, what you need to test?

I've some, I can help, what you need to test?

ISO playback works for, any particulate scenario to test?

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk

@@DaN thanks for testing. Do you have bluray iSO?

I confirm, both DVD and Blu-ray ISO files play well, I've many DVD's but only one Bluray

dbailey75

sorry, I don't have an ipad I do have and iphone ;) , but how do you set up ISO streaming,   I'm running mediabrowser server on my WHS 2011 for remote streaming only at the moment,  do I need to add virtual clone drive to mount the ISO?  I've not seen any details regarding iso setup in the mediabroswer server configuration.

sorry, I don't have an ipad I do have and iphone ;) , but how do you set up ISO streaming, I'm running mediabrowser server on my WHS 2011 for remote streaming only at the moment, do I need to add virtual clone drive to mount the ISO? I've not seen any details regarding iso setup in the mediabroswer server configuration.

No particular setup is required for ISO, all you need is to have the files placed in your movie collection; even Web client can play them

dbailey75

No particular setup is required for ISO, all you need is to have the files placed in your movie collection; even Web client can play them

Thanks, that was easy.  DVD's ISO's work,  no go on BD ISO's for me.  in the web client on a PC, it just hangs

Hi,

When browsing cast filmography, I noticed only movies are shown, compared to Android client, other contents when the same actor are listed in their Metadata are not displayed in iPad client

@@darwindeeds the quoted question was not answered; is there any limitation to show all contents of a particular (actor/actress) filmography section; android client will list all of them, including TV, photo collections, and music videos.

Edited by DaN

I can confirm that iso works both for BD rips, AVCHD rips and DVD rips as of the new released ipad client in appstore.

Thanks for the excellent support and listening to the issues customers have!!!

Kind Regards,

-SR-

Edited by -SR-
  • Like 2