I just bought emby lifetime and am building a new budget machine for it. I'm building it under the assumption that my GPU is the piece that needs to be the most powerful as it will handle my video en/decodes and the proc/mobo/mem need to be sufficient enough to run windows and emby.
- ASRock B450 Gaming-ITX-ac
- AMD Ryzen 3 2200G Quad Core
- Radeon RX570
- 12GB DDR4-2666 (4GB) + 8GB
- 120GB M.2 boot drive (same performance different size)
- 1TB,3TB, 3TB 7200 RPM Media Drives
While a significant portion of my media is 480p encoded with H264 and AAC audio future forward I will only be purchasing blurays to add to my digital collection and will be ripping them with a web optimized H.264 30FPS 8bit color, AAC audio (avcodec) setting with light NLMeans denoise filter.
- My Goal is 10 streams at 1080p or lower.
- Should I return the RX570 for:
- an RX580/590 - I figure extra the extra oomph and more ram from a stronger card will help me handle more simultaneous streams. It's only 10 bucks more.
- a 1660 - 10 series and 16 series seems to be recommended with this driver patch that allows unlimited simultaneous streams
- With Specs Like these, how many concurrent streams can I expect to handle and what could I do to improve it?
Edited by heypaleblue, 31 December 2019 - 03:46 AM.