Camera Upload, Multiple Libraries

legallink

legallink

For me, Emby creates teh appearance of a new library for each Camera Upload folder.  Not sure if that's intended or not, even though I only create 1 library for it.

• Agree 1

legallink

Screen shots attached.

The first photo is the Library setup:

post-2681-0-16603200-1575907008_thumb.jpg

From there, you can then see in the Metadata Manager that there are 3 "Camera Upload" libraries.

post-2681-0-53329300-1575907002_thumb.jpg

If you see in my folder hierarchy, there is 1 Camera Upload parent folder, and then 3 different subfolders (auto created as 1 for each device)

post-2681-0-14908000-1575906996_thumb.jpg

post-2681-0-22251700-1575906990_thumb.jpg

Which results in a home screen with 3 "Camera Upload" libraries being displayed separately.  They are not displayed as 1 library.  Is it expected to create a library for each device separately?  I would assume if you create 1 library at the parent level, it would show all camera uploads in 1 library, as that is how the system works for all other media types.

legallink

Are they all displaying the same content?

Yes.  Each of the 3 displayed libraries shows all 3 sub folders (aka each devices uploaded photos), which is the expected behavior except for the creation of 3 libraries.

• 2 months later...
FlyBoyML

I have the same issue. Everytime my phone uploads new photos, it creates 2 new "libraries" and displays a BUNCH of libraries on the home page.

I also get a failed library scan.

Attached are some photos and my logs.

Could not find a part of the path '/home/emby/root/default/Camera Uploads1'.
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.CreateDirectoryHandle(String path, Boolean ignoreNotFound)
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1..ctor(String directory, EnumerationOptions options)
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable`1..ctor(String directory, FindTransform transform, EnumerationOptions options)
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.FileSystemInfos(String directory, String expression, EnumerationOptions options)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalEnumerateInfos(String path, String searchPattern, SearchTarget searchTarget, EnumerationOptions options)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.EnumerateFileSystemInfos(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean recursive)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.DirectoryService.GetFileSystemEntries(String path)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.IO.FileData.GetFilteredFileSystemEntries(IDirectoryService directoryService, String path, IFileSystem fileSystem, IServerApplicationHost appHost, ILogger logger, ItemResolveArgs args, Int32 flattenFolderDepth, Boolean resolveShortcuts)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.CollectionFolder.CreateResolveArgs(IDirectoryService directoryService)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.CollectionFolder.FolderIdsRequireUpdating(Boolean updateValues)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.CollectionFolder.RequiresRefresh()
at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.RefreshMetadata(BaseItem item, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.RefreshMetadata(MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidateTopLibraryFolders(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.PerformLibraryValidation(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidateMediaLibraryInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

post-125982-0-44653800-1582154892_thumb.png

post-125982-0-55011500-1582154897_thumb.png

EmbyLogs.txt

FlyBoyML

I can remove them libraries, but it still keeps about 2-4 of the iterations on the home screen, even though there are none under Server/Library. I can also confirm that when I remove the libraries, it does remove the folder in .../root/default/

Everytime I remove them, it will be fine until

A) my phone tries to upload a new photo

B ) I trigger a library scan.

I just did another library scan, and the result was five new libraries, with 4 iterations each on the homescreen.

post-125982-0-53578100-1582157336_thumb.png

Edited by FlyBoyML

FlyBoyML

I removed all but one. The result is that it fails the library scan:

Could not find a part of the path '/home/emby/root/default/Camera Uploads1'.
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.CreateDirectoryHandle(String path, Boolean ignoreNotFound)

post-125982-0-66320000-1582163042_thumb.png

FlyBoyML

Also, of note, I am running Emby Server on an ASUSTOR nas. I have set a camera upload path and checked "create a subfolder for each device", but this problem occurs as well with the default storage location and the subfolder option unchecked.

FlyBoyML

Okay. So I created a folder called "Camera Uploads" but i didn't create any xml files to go in it. Emby is now running a library scan, and looks like its working. However, this was after I deleted ALL libraries for camera uploads. What is telling emby to still look for that folder?

FlyBoyML

After creating that folder, Emby now shows a library called "Camera Uploads" but says 0 folders. And when I tried to upload a new photo from my phone, Emby created two new folders called "Camera Upload1" and "Camera Upload11", and now I have three libraries.

post-125982-0-43528400-1582165044_thumb.png

post-125982-0-46542000-1582165050_thumb.png

scotthews

I can confirm this is an issue.  I turned on the Camera Upload from the android app which upload 400+ photos from my device.  Afterwards I have around 12 Camera Upload Libraries created.  Logged in as Admin and removed them all from the server, but now have 6 Camera Uploads libraries on my Home Page that won't go away.  I originally had 12 Camera Uploads folders on my Home Page.  After selecting all 12 and choosing to delete them, 6 disappeared, but the other 6 seem to be stuck there.  My Emby home page is now a bit of a mess!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We're looking into it. For now I would just remove the duplicates from emby library setup.

• 1 month later...