Jump to content

Camera Upload, Multiple Libraries


legallink

Recommended Posts

  • 5 weeks later...
gioluca2

Are there any news?
I'm looking for a google photo alternative...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Micael456
Posted (edited)

+1 here as well. Happy to provide any logs to help as I've probably got an odd underlying structure (Ubuntu Emby Server -> Windows NAS).

Multiple Camera Uploads libraries (they re-appear like weeds).

image.thumb.png.9897fbbc4f5b2a08eb10788fabbb9bd3.png

Underlying folder structure is fine though. One directory per device under the root "EMBY" directory.

image.png.ea712806c00f9d85286a4488abfc1b23.png

image.png

 

Edited by Micael456
EDIT: Added linux /mnt/apollo/z/ screenshot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
diyhouse

I have just started running the latest 4.6.1.0 release,.. on a small Raspberry Pi 4,.. and emby with premiere subscription,.. works a treat, allowing me to access media remotely as well as save my Android Camera Photo media,..  I love it,.. this app is great.

However as per this thread I to have multiple camera upload references,.. 16 in total,... but as shown else where the actual folder directories are correct as they only appear once,...

I appreciate these things take time to fix with the resources available,.. but my question from a Neebie is what is the outlook for the fix for this issue,

...and is there a way to split uploads from different users phones,.. as although I don't care the wife sees all my pictures,.. but I don't want her picture gallery shown to me mixed with my photos.. ( yes I can see they are in separate folders on my storage device )

is there a way of splitting them when displayed in emby?    

Many tx guys

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
skynet600

I had three CameraUploads in my library.  Not sure if it is the same issue as most in this thread since many had a lot more but I tried deleting one anyway.  All three disappeared!  Checking devices I see two iOS on v2.0.7.  Checking their settings one was enabled and one was not which is fine so only expect one in the library.  Server settings are standard with no defined path and "create a subfolder" is checked.  Server log is riddled with errors but I see CameraUploads is still being watched.  Checking folder structure I can see camerauploads/Camera Roll and camerauploads/iphone/Camera Roll exist and both contain images.  I now see four CameraUploads libraries all with the same content!  Could this be anything to do with the recent rtm issues?  

2021-06-14 09:10:02.720 Error App: Image Provider - Error reading image tag for /volume1/Emby/data/camerauploads/Camera Roll/IMG_4053.jpg
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.2.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /volume1/Emby -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -updatepackage emby-server-synology_{version}_x86_64.spk
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.59+ (root@build3) (gcc version 4.9.3 20150311 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) ) #25556 SMP PREEMPT Thu Mar 4 18:03:46 CST 2021
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /volume1/Emby
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	TagLib.CorruptFileException: TagLib.CorruptFileException: Expected SOI marker at the start of the file.
	   at TagLib.Jpeg.File.ValidateHeader()
	   at TagLib.Jpeg.File.Read(ReadStyle propertiesStyle)   at TagLib.File.Create(IFileAbstraction abstraction, String mimetype, ReadStyle propertiesStyle)
	   at Emby.Photos.PhotoProvider.FetchAsync(MetadataResult`1 itemResult, MetadataRefreshOptions options, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Photos
	TargetSite: TagLib.File Create(IFileAbstraction, System.String, TagLib.ReadStyle)
2021-06-14 09:07:09.409 Error BaseItem: Error deserializing /volume1/Emby/root/default/Camera Uploads/options.xml
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.2.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /volume1/Emby -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -updatepackage emby-server-synology_{version}_x86_64.spk
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.59+ (root@build3) (gcc version 4.9.3 20150311 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) ) #25556 SMP PREEMPT Thu Mar 4 18:03:46 CST 2021
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /volume1/Emby
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.InvalidOperationException: System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (0, 0).
	 ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
	   at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
	   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderLibraryOptions.Read7_LibraryOptions()
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
	   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.DeserializeFromStream(Type type, Stream stream)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.DeserializeFromFile(Type type, String file)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.IO.FileData.GetPathsFromOptionsFile(String path, ILogger logger)
	Source: System.Private.Xml
	TargetSite: System.Object Deserialize(System.Xml.XmlReader, System.String, System.Xml.Serialization.XmlDeserializationEvents)
	InnerException: System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
	Source: System.Private.Xml
	TargetSite: Void Throw(System.Exception)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
	   at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
	   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderLibraryOptions.Read7_LibraryOptions()

Additionally the db is completely screwed.  If I click on one image it opens a completely different one.

mbyserver.txt

Edited by skynet600
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/14/2021 at 4:36 AM, skynet600 said:

I had three CameraUploads in my library.  Not sure if it is the same issue as most in this thread since many had a lot more but I tried deleting one anyway.  All three disappeared!  Checking devices I see two iOS on v2.0.7.  Checking their settings one was enabled and one was not which is fine so only expect one in the library.  Server settings are standard with no defined path and "create a subfolder" is checked.  Server log is riddled with errors but I see CameraUploads is still being watched.  Checking folder structure I can see camerauploads/Camera Roll and camerauploads/iphone/Camera Roll exist and both contain images.  I now see four CameraUploads libraries all with the same content!  Could this be anything to do with the recent rtm issues?  


2021-06-14 09:10:02.720 Error App: Image Provider - Error reading image tag for /volume1/Emby/data/camerauploads/Camera Roll/IMG_4053.jpg
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.2.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /volume1/Emby -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -updatepackage emby-server-synology_{version}_x86_64.spk
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.59+ (root@build3) (gcc version 4.9.3 20150311 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) ) #25556 SMP PREEMPT Thu Mar 4 18:03:46 CST 2021
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /volume1/Emby
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	TagLib.CorruptFileException: TagLib.CorruptFileException: Expected SOI marker at the start of the file.
	   at TagLib.Jpeg.File.ValidateHeader()
	   at TagLib.Jpeg.File.Read(ReadStyle propertiesStyle)   at TagLib.File.Create(IFileAbstraction abstraction, String mimetype, ReadStyle propertiesStyle)
	   at Emby.Photos.PhotoProvider.FetchAsync(MetadataResult`1 itemResult, MetadataRefreshOptions options, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Photos
	TargetSite: TagLib.File Create(IFileAbstraction, System.String, TagLib.ReadStyle)

2021-06-14 09:07:09.409 Error BaseItem: Error deserializing /volume1/Emby/root/default/Camera Uploads/options.xml
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.2.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /volume1/Emby -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -updatepackage emby-server-synology_{version}_x86_64.spk
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.59+ (root@build3) (gcc version 4.9.3 20150311 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) ) #25556 SMP PREEMPT Thu Mar 4 18:03:46 CST 2021
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /volume1/Emby
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.InvalidOperationException: System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (0, 0).
	 ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
	   at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
	   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderLibraryOptions.Read7_LibraryOptions()
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
	   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.DeserializeFromStream(Type type, Stream stream)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.DeserializeFromFile(Type type, String file)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.IO.FileData.GetPathsFromOptionsFile(String path, ILogger logger)
	Source: System.Private.Xml
	TargetSite: System.Object Deserialize(System.Xml.XmlReader, System.String, System.Xml.Serialization.XmlDeserializationEvents)
	InnerException: System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
	Source: System.Private.Xml
	TargetSite: Void Throw(System.Exception)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
	   at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
	   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderLibraryOptions.Read7_LibraryOptions()

Additionally the db is completely screwed.  If I click on one image it opens a completely different one.

mbyserver.txt 1.07 MB · 1 download

Try deleting that xml file that it's complaining about and then restarting the server.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

skynet600

Thanks Luke.  It has been running for some time now but I restarted the server today and ran all the rescans again for a fresh log.  I see multiple new image downloads in alerts so it seems to be working but for the duplicate cameraupload folders.  I have two iOS devices listed in the server device list with one not configured to upload so I would expect only one folder. 

 

I see the follow in the log now:

2021-06-22 09:01:32.340 Error ImageProcessor: Error encoding image
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.3.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /volume1/Emby -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /volume1/Emby/EmbyServer.pid -updatepackage emby-server-synology_{version}_x86_64.spk -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.59+ (root@build3) (gcc version 4.9.3 20150311 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) ) #25556 SMP PREEMPT Thu Mar 4 18:03:46 CST 2021
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /volume1/Emby
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.Exception: System.Exception: SKCodec had an error reading /volume1/Emby/data/camerauploads/Camera Roll/IMG_0003.jpg
	   at Emby.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.EncodeImage(String inputPath, String outputPath, Boolean autoOrient, Nullable`1 orientation, Int32 quality, ImageProcessingOptions options, ImageFormat selectedOutputFormat)
	   at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.ProcessImage(ImageProcessingOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Drawing.Skia
	TargetSite: System.String EncodeImage(System.String, System.String, Boolean, System.Nullable`1[MediaBrowser.Model.Drawing.ImageOrientation], Int32, MediaBrowser.Controller.Drawing.ImageProcessingOptions, MediaBrowser.Model.Drawing.ImageFormat)

I can't open these files in explorer either.   There are plenty of similar sized and formatted files so I guess this is unrelated corruption of some sort.

Edited by skynet600
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Yes it looks like we're going to have to update our server image processing libraries to be able to handle newer iOS formats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
SuperNic

Dear @Luke, any news about the issue?
When will be possible to use the camera upload feature? At the moment, it's not usable.

Thanks a lot!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2021 at 10:11 AM, SuperNic said:

Dear @Luke, any news about the issue?
When will be possible to use the camera upload feature? At the moment, it's not usable.

Thanks a lot!

Are you still running into multiple camera upload libraries with Emby Server 4.6.4?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Micael456
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Are you still running into multiple camera upload libraries with Emby Server 4.6.4?

@Luke, mine is still displaying multiples running 4.6.4.0. (screenshots below show the multiples are just the same two over and over).

I haven't tried deleting the duplicates to see if they don't come back in 4.6.4 though. I'll give that a try later when I'm at a PC and report back if nobody else has by then.

Screenshot_20210725-090357876.jpg

Screenshot_20210725-090443325.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MEB
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Have multiple libraries been created by 4.6.4 or were they already there?

Not happening so far anymore on 4.6.4 but I am having a weird issue where it takes many attempts to upload very large videos (5+ gigs) it shows finished then a few seconds later it's started over. I wonder if that's a symptom of the same issue like the app can't tell it finished and tries again. 

Next time I have some videos upload I'll grab the logs and submit a new issue for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
GurraG

Still happens with 4.6.4.0 every time one of our mobiles upload a picture or a video.

We have camera upload set to /media/Camera/Upload but with subfolder per device checked and with libraries for each device folder.

Every time something is uploaded, Emby decides to create a huge amount of libraries for the root upload folder, /media/Camera/Upload, and then indexing of the libraries are broken. I then have to remove several of these automatically created libraries. Every time I remove one, several of them disappears. Finally they are all gone and indexing works again.

Since we want separate subfolders and libraries for each device, we have to check that option. The text on the pays says that it should be possible to specify the upload directory per device instead, but it is not.

This bug is getting really old now. It should be very easy to reproduce, we do it almost every day!

The effect of this bug is IMO that Emby doesn't really have a camera upload function, just an early access preview that looks promising and I hope will be completed in the near future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

masterdot

Same issue here. Tons of librarys created on uploads...

So its still a problem :) I'm a bit surprised its a issue that is so old. 

Im pretty new to emby and dont know the project very well. How active is the development on emby? Plex seem to have a long time for realizing features (like versions of movies etc). Same on emby? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Micael456

Just came across something else today when removing permissions which may (or may not) help. It looks like Emby is treating my duplicates as only two different libraries somewhere beneath the hood (as far as permissions are concerned at least), so it might mostly be a visual thing. I've attached a video, you'll see what I mean.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...