Ubuntu18 + Rclone + GDrive + Emby Setup

Kelvor

Hi All,

Firstly, thank you for any help you are able to provide. I've been trying to get this working for 4 days and it's driving me crazy. I'm new to Linux so please bear with me.

I have a AWS instance running Ubuntu 18 and a virtual Google Drive mounted to /gdrive using rclone which works fine. I can navigate through the files in the /gdrive folder using the Linux terminal as expected, great.

The issue I'm facing is when I navigate to http://localhost:8096 and chose the "Add media library" option, it cannot see the folder /gdrive. If I then un-mount my google drive from the gdrive folder, emby library can now see the folder and adds it to the library. So in a nutshell, emby can't see the folder /gdrive when rclone is mounted inside it.

I have used the following commands to ensure the folder is readable by everyone, and changed to owner to the emby user, but still no luck.

chown -R emby:emby /gdrive
chown emby /gdrive
chmod 777 /gdrive

ls -la shows the following
drwxrwxrwx   2 emby emby  4096 Dec  6 15:42 gdrive.

It must be a permission issue, but I can't think what it could be.

If anyone could help, I would be so grateful.
Thanks, Kelvin

Hi Luke, thanks for your reply.

I have tried the suggestion from the Best Answer, but I'm still getting the same results. This seems to grant access to folders in general, which I can do, just not once the folder contains a mounted drive.

Thanks, Kelvin

Where exactly are you getting stuck? Are you getting an error when setting up the library?

I get stuck when I try to add the folder /gdrive after I have mounted it with rclone. When unmounted the gdrive folder is empty, when mounted it contains folders with files.

The error I get when I try to add the mounted gdrive folder is:

The path could not be found. Please ensure the path is valid and try again.

​Thanks, Kelvin

D34DC3N73R

When mounting with rclone, are you using the allow-other flag? I'd also recommend looking into vfs options to avoid api bans.

These are the flags I use on my rclone mount. I'd recommend looking into each of the flags to see what they do before implementing them on your mount.

--rc --allow-other --log-level ERROR --syslog --umask 022 --allow-non-empty --fuse-flag sync_read --tpslimit 10 --tpslimit-burst 10 --dir-cache-time=160h --buffer-size=64M --attr-timeout=1s --vfs-read-chunk-size=128M --vfs-cache-max-age=5m --vfs-cache-mode=writes --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit=off
  • Like 1

D34DC3N73R

Some of the flags may not be relevant to your set up. I utilize mergerfs and encfs to make a local cache and encrypt everything before it's uploaded.
5deed6f1e7684_rclonemergerfsencfs.png

• Like 1

D34DC3N73R

With encfs I'm not locked into rclone. I've been mounting cloud storage for a while and used to use plexdrive before rclone had a cache/vfs. I also remember the time that rclone's keys were revoked. Just a safeguard if something were to go wrong and I needed another method to mount/copy.

• Like 1