This is similar to the issue I reported here.
I turned hardware decoding back on some time ago and it's been working with no issue until recently. Playback is hanging on both FTV and Shield. I tried turning hardware decoding back off again but it hasn't made any difference this time.
The fact it stopped in exactly the same place on both devices perhaps points to the file itself but this has happened on half a dozen different files or so in the last week. I recognise that all of the files could be faulty but it seems a bit coincidental.
I did try to playback the same file in a browser on my PC afterwards but just sat there staring at spinning arcs before giving up.
I've attached the server log together with the ffmpeg log for both devices (same file being played).
As an aside, I was surprised the file was being transcoded for the Shield, I thought the Shield would play just about anything directly but perhaps that's wrong.
Edited by kevinw, 02 December 2019 - 02:30 PM.