FTV4k App hanging on two devices since 4.0 upgrade

kevinw
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

I assume this must just be happening to me as I can't see anyone else reporting it.

Since upgrading the server (W10 Pro) to v4 playback is hanging on two FTV4K devices. Once it's hung the only way out of the app is to press the Home button on the FTV's remote. Trying to go back to Emby after that results in a black screen and I'm unable to restart the app until the FTV has been rebooted at which point we start the cycle again.

Playback was rock solid before the upgrade but we've only been using Emby for a short while so the upgrade may be a red herring. This is happening on content that Emby was previously playing OK and Plex still is.

I've attached the server log for the relevant period. Playback started at 11:39:41 and seems to have stopped at 12:34:41 (this is from the dashboard as I started playback then went back to work).

As an aside, I was intrigued to see the following in the log:

Command line: C:\Users\Plex\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp

There is (and always has been) a Plex server on the same PC but I'm puzzled as to why Emby appears to be using something from its folder structure.

Kevin

Emby Log.txt

Edited by kevinw

Hi, emby isn't using anything from the Plex folder structure. It looks like you created a windows user called Plex.

Hi, emby isn't using anything from the Plex folder structure. It looks like you created a windows user called Plex.

Oh yes, what a pillock I am! I completely forgot about that and it didn't even occur to me, sorry.

You'd have thought the 'C:\Users' bit would have given me a clue...

Kevin

Edited by kevinw

Hi.  That's not a complete server log so I cannot see some important information.

What version of the Fire TV app is it?

Hi.  That's not a complete server log so I cannot see some important information.

What version of the Fire TV app is it?

It's 1.6.56a.

I've attached the full log in case that helps.

Kevin

Emby.Log

Thanks.  Is it reproduce-able on a particular piece of media or does it appear at random?

There should also be an ffmpeg log...

It seems to be happening on most things I'm playing to be honest although not everything. The example the server log is showing is just a random documentary I picked to get the log.

There seems to be lots of ffmpeg logs. I think the one I've attached is the correct one.

Kevin

ffmpeg Log.txt

• Solution

Yikes another avi file.

Can you please try turning off the hardware acceleration?

• Like 1

I've done that and I'll let you know how it goes.

Yikes another avi file.

I've got to be honest and say I've no idea why that is an AVI file as I usually rip to MKV. If it helps, one of the files it hung on yesterday was an MKV.

The level of support on this forum is really excellent, thank you.

Kevin

It's early days but I think that's fixed it thank you. We've watched a few things since then with no issue and it was locking up almost every time before.

Do you know if this is a bug in the new release that may be fixed or should I just leave it set to 'No' from now on?

Kevin