Emby crashing on F2-210

aughbar

Ronknapp6937

I have seen that the update 4.4 is available. I've downloaded it from the website and tried to install the update to no avail. Terramaster is asking for a file with a file extension .tpk the file downloaded on the website is .tar.xz. The new version of the emby server is not on terramasters application store yet. Sorry if I'm missing something so simple. I'm new to this whole server thing. Thanks in advance! 

I have seen that the update 4.4 is available. I've downloaded it from the website and tried to install the update to no avail. Terramaster is asking for a file with a file extension .tpk the file downloaded on the website is .tar.xz. The new version of the emby server is not on terramasters application store yet. Sorry if I'm missing something so simple. I'm new to this whole server thing. Thanks in advance! 

The next step now that we've released is we have to submit to TerraMaster. Unfortunately you can't use the manual install because Terramaster is not yet making that available for third party apps to use.

• 2 weeks later...
cyberion

I have version 4.2.1.0, released 27/12/2019. It is a lot more stable but still takes a while to register and logon even when told via startup to remember the last login.

It also shuts down automatically occasionally. Is there something in the Server Management that may be doing some maintenance and trying to restart?

Even with allege problems. I LOVE EMBY.... I also have Plex, but switched about 12 months ago.

4.4.2 should be available soon. I am submitting it to TerraMaster tonight. Please let me know how that compares. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
hebertpl

Hello.. I have the same issue on the server crashing.. Bad gateway etc.. This only started happening since the new 4.4.2.0 update yesterday! F2-210

Hello.. I have the same issue on the server crashing.. Bad gateway etc.. This only started happening since the new 4.4.2.0 update yesterday! F2-210

Hi there, please attach the emby server log from when this happened. thanks.

hebertpl

I should add that on my router I've activated Web Server internal port 8096 external port 8096..protocol tcp... I'm very new to this... Was working well for over two weeks until latest 4.4.2.0 update yesterday.. I've just rebooted my router as well just in case! Thanks again

hebertpl

Update - when i enter the Terramaster Desktop TOS and click on Applications and then Emby....the Server says Stopped....I click restart and it works for a while! Found this option of restarting better than rebooting my Terramaster ! Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

Update - when i enter the Terramaster Desktop TOS and click on Applications and then Emby....the Server says Stopped....I click restart and it works for a while! Found this option of restarting better than rebooting my Terramaster ! Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

As a test, can you try uninstalling the port mapper plugin, then restarting the server and see if that helps? Thanks.

hebertpl

Hello Community,

I've been trying to troubleshoot this problem for well over a week now and I've reached the limit of my technical skills!  :D

emby log attached!

The issue has to do with the server systematically stopping while i'm viewing/scrolling through pictures...the first 20 pictures display and then only an icon (see screenshot). All pictures are in jpg format....most folders contain around 500 pictures. NAS folder order is //appdata/pictures/year. I continue to add more picture folders every week and refresh metadata and library scan every-time.

I then enter TOS on the F2-210, click on installed applications and then the Emby application..the server is displaying stopped status (see screenshot)....i click restart and then it works until next scrolling freeze! 

While the emby server is online, movie streaming works no problem and has never frozen/stopped!

Unfortunately the server is no longer accessible for other users until a manual restart....have only 5 users in total but in different timezones..so very frustrating.

Would like to conclude in saying that i'm a new NAS/Emby user and am quite impressed by the product and its functionality..very impressive.

Any advice/support would be appreciated...thank you.

embyserver.txt

post-617990-0-13535700-1588323982_thumb.jpg

post-617990-0-21275300-1588323991_thumb.jpg

post-617990-0-37368500-1588324006_thumb.jpg

post-617990-0-17030800-1588324948_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
hebertpl

Hello Luke.. I've had to close access to the photos portion of the emby server as it was freezing (stopping) every time someone would scroll pictures.. The movie portion (streaming) works fine... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

hebertpl

Hello Luke.. I've had to close access to the photos portion of the emby server as it was freezing (stopping) every time someone would scroll pictures.. The movie portion (streaming) works fine... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...

• 3 weeks later...

@@hebertpl are you still running into this? Please try with Emby Server 4.4.3 as soon as it's in the TerraMaster app store and let us know if it helps. Thanks.

hebertpl

Hello Luke and thanks for the follow-up,

Yes, still an issue on version 4.4.2.0. Picture scrolling from an android and windows device causes the server to freeze and stop. I'll try the new version as soon as it's released by Terramaster and let you know!

thanks

• 4 weeks later...
hebertpl

Hello Luke... you're the man!

Just updated the server and it appears to be light years better...no crashing but didn't have a ton of time to test..will do a deep dive and report back soon.

Great product and excellent followup...thank you,

philippe