Emby Server stuck at splash screen

D0n
Go to solution Solved by D0n,

Happy2Play

Hi Folks,

I'm on Windows 10 Pro

Version 1903

OS build 18362.476

Don't know if it matters but do you have kb4522741 installed?  That is the "October 24, 2019-KB4522741 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 and Windows Server 1903 RTM".

Yes I do have  Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 and Windows Server 1903 RTM". That installed on 10-28

Also on that day  Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 KB 4524100

Hi Folks,

I was prompted. and i did the c++ update without any errors. As far as i know this is what installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64)  | Version: 14.23.27820.0    Install date: 2019-11-26    Estimated size: 23.1 MB    Publisher: Microsoft Corporation

How can I verify if the update installed properly

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64)  | Version: 14.23.27820.0    Install date: 2019-11-26    Estimated size: 23.1 MB    Publisher: Microsoft Corporation did install properly!

• Solution

Problem is solved. It’s been two days, Emby is working as designed. Thanks to Luke and his team for helping me through this. Special thanks to Carlo who went above and beyond, solving this issue .Thanks Carlo.

As my limited understanding goes, the problem crashing Emby was the upgrade installed in the wrong Folder.

I have been using Emby since it was Media Browser 2 in a folder called media browser server. After the upgrade windows created a new folder (Emby) and installed some files there as well. Windows was trying to start the server from the old installed folder.

Carlo renamed the old folder re-ran the installer. Problem solved!

Thanks' Team

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
Thurabred

Hi I have the same issue, have done all the above still same situation, could someone remote into my machine and assist, thank you.

screenshot.jpg

screenshot1.jpg

Edited by Thurabred

3 hours ago, Thurabred said:

Hi I have the same issue, have done all the above still same situation, could someone remote into my machine and assist, thank you.

screenshot.jpg

screenshot1.jpg

Hi. We'll help you in the other thread  you started.  Thanks.

• Like 1