Emby Server stuck at splash screen

D0n
Go to solution Solved by D0n,

Today i added a new user in emby server 4.3 dashboard emby froze and didn't  restart. After several reboots I decided to delete and reinstall with the same results. Not sure what going on. I don't mind reinstalling I have my premium number handy.

server-install.logpost-545479-0-31040800-1574912455_thumb.png

Hi  Luke,

Firefox 70.0.1    I also have 4 addons installed cookies auto delete, decentraleyes, HTTPS Everywhere, uBlock Origin. I copied and pasted the address in Microsoft edge and got "can't reach this page". Firefox worked fine before as far I know?

Yes, can you try again, only this time keep an eye on the Network tab of the debugger. I want to see which requests have a problem. Thanks.

Hi Luke,

I'm sorry for all the trouble this is causing. Same results after browser data cleared see 'console 11-29'. So i tried another install and got and error see 'reinstall'

post-545479-0-34934100-1575073075_thumb.png

post-545479-0-34802100-1575073142_thumb.png

Happy2Play

That error basically says something on your system is holding the old backup .old folder and can't delete it.  So is lets say AV software scanning that folder?  As Emby no longer uses anything in that folder once it is moved to .old.

Can you try rebooting the machine, shutting down malware bytes, then running the installer again?

It really shouldn't be necessary to do that, just trying to narrow things down though. Thanks.

Sure thing, no worries.

I shut down MB then remembered I also use Acronis real-time protection so i shut that down as well and rebooted. The installer finished without errors. After reboot I was prompted to allow access in firewall so i did.

Unfortunately still stuck at splash-screen. here are the console and network errors. 

Thanks

post-545479-0-34094800-1575086098_thumb.png

post-545479-0-89901800-1575086110_thumb.png

post-545479-0-34839200-1575086121_thumb.png

Did you ever see a prompt to install a Microsoft C++ update?

Is your server running as a service or normal app?  If service, can you try running it as a normal app once?

Microsoft C++ update did update. No emby service or media browser running in service pane even though I have a icon in the tray!

Luke same results using 127.0.0.1 :8096

Happy2Play

So it is a matter of figuring out why the server is not running or starting and stopping.  what happens if close the emby tray icon (embytray.exe) and launch the embyserver.exe from the /emby-server/system folder?

I closed the tray icon and it ended the embytray.exe process.

I ran as admin. EmbyServer.exe in C:\Users\Don\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system

It launched emby splash screen in Chrome and the embytray.exe restarted.

Same errors in chrome console.

Happy2Play

I closed the tray icon and it ended the embytray.exe process.

I ran as admin. EmbyServer.exe in C:\Users\Don\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system

It launched emby splash screen in Chrome and the embytray.exe restarted.

Same errors in chrome console.

It is normal for embytray to launch with embyserver.  But you are saying you still don't see embyserver running in task manager, correct?

Can you post  server log.