Emby Server stuck at splash screen

D0n
Go to solution Solved by D0n,

Happy2Play

I wouldn't think it would cause this but can you delete the coverart plugin as it is extremely old.  And try to start your server again.  if it works you can reinstall it from the catalog.

2019-11-30 16:48:56.501 Info App: Loading CoverArt, Version=4.0.59.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\Don\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\CoverArt.dll

Deleted cover-art rebooted no change.

But i did notice that there is a folder MB Classic with a  old config folder if that any help. 

post-545479-0-27467000-1575166579_thumb.png

Happy2Play

MediaBrowser-Classic is the WMC client not Emby-Server, MediaBrowser-Server in your case, as it is a extremely old installation.

But as a test can you create a folder (any name) on your desktop and copy the system folder from "C:\Users\Don\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server" into that folder and see if Emby starts.  This basically makes a portable version to test.

Thanks for the info I did have WMC at one time. 

Tried the portable test but connection to localhost still being refused.

Man Windows 10  $*!

Having the same problem except i get a little further than splash screen. I get to the browse library screen after a reboot but nothing works. Emby server is not running in task manager.

Events:

Server wanted to update so I hit restart.

Server did not restore so logged in locally and found C++ prompt.

Completed that but still no luck.

Ran all updates and server still will not start.

Tried installing update from downloaded installer but still not starting. Completes fine and I see the splash page OP reports but then browse library loads with nothing working.

This is the first time I have been unable to resolve an issue myself or by browsing the forum and I am stumped.

embyserver.txt

Having the same problem except i get a little further than splash screen. I get to the browse library screen after a reboot but nothing works. Emby server is not running in task manager.

Events:

Server wanted to update so I hit restart.

Server did not restore so logged in locally and found C++ prompt.

Completed that but still no luck.

Ran all updates and server still will not start.

Tried installing update from downloaded installer but still not starting. Completes fine and I see the splash page OP reports but then browse library loads with nothing working.

This is the first time I have been unable to resolve an issue myself or by browsing the forum and I am stumped.

The only error in that log shows CreateDXGIFactory2.

But the error is caught and then the server continues to load.

Is there an emby server process running for you in task manager?

If embyserver.exe is running then that's what I'm thinking. If it's not running then it could just be a server crash. If that's the case, can you check windows event viewer for any entries about it?

The embyserver is not running. I do see quite a few errors in events for embeyserver and .net

Application: EmbyServer.exe
CoreCLR Version: 4.700.19.51502
.NET Core Version: 3.0.1
Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 000007FEEEAF4523 (000007FEEE940000) with exit code c0000005.

I ended the embytray and ran the server shortcut again and the time stamps update for the error.

Prior to the upgrade to 4.3 when booting I would get a start screen "emby starting' only after clicking on the icon in the tray and selecting 'configure server' would the browser would launch. After the upgrade the browser launches at boot. Is this by design?

Happy2Play

Prior to the upgrade to 4.3 when booting I would get a start screen "emby starting' only after clicking on the icon in the tray and selecting 'configure server' would the browser would launch. After the upgrade the browser launches at boot. Is this by design?

This option has been in Emby for awhile "Launch the Emby web app in my web browser when Emby Server starts".

This option has been in Emby for awhile "Launch the Emby web app in my web browser when Emby Server starts".

If the browser is starting then that could possibly narrow down where things go wrong. It would mean that the server does start up.

The logs are definitely showing it starting too.

Edited by chef

Happy2Play

If the browser is starting then that could possibly narrow down where things go wrong. It would mean that the server does start up.

The logs are definitely showing it starting too.

True and the event viewer showing the crash stopping the server.

Happy2Play

I can see the Windows 7 machine maybe being a update issue, but the OP is on Windows 10 with the same issue.

But these two systems must have something in common.  But has to be a edge case or more people would have this issue.

In my case one of the optional updates fixed the issue. i wish I had taken a screenshot of them before installing. I can say it wasnt the generic ones that just list a KB# since i did not install those. One of them was .net 4.8

Happy2Play

@@D0n  What version number of Windows 10 are you one?

Edited by Happy2Play