Trakt - Having random watch progress

negativzeroe
Go to solution Solved by vdatanet,

jasonmcroy

This is not fixed for me with 3.3.9. I am still seeing the resume states being imported so the Continue Watching line is filled up. (This is on a new server re-install).

vdatanet

This is not fixed for me with 3.3.9. I am still seeing the resume states being imported so the Continue Watching line is filled up. (This is on a new server re-install).

Those items are watched or unwatched? Can yo post an screenshot from your "Continue Watching" row?

Edited by vdatanet

vdatanet

If you have an unwatched item and you start watching it in other platform, resume time will be imported according your resume settings in your library. If you don't want to import resume times, a new option is needed in Trakt plugin like Plex does:

5deb76dacb262_Anotacin20191207105327.jpg

You can add this option to Trakt plugin setup:

(True/False) Import Playback Progress

5deb7758275b3_Anotacin20191207105545.jpg

In my opinion, playback progress should be imported, that's a great new feature!, but I understand users who don't want to import that resume time. So with this option, everybody is happy.

BTW If Emby for Apple TV was a better app, I would not need neither Plex nor Trakt.  ;)

Edited by vdatanet

Remember to re-run the Trakt import play states tasks manually from your scheduled task menu in Emby.

I, too thought it wasn't fix since when I restarted emby after the 3.3.9 update, everything was still in continue watching. I re-ran the Play States import and they disappeared.

• Like 2

BorgKnight

Question on the new plugin. Lets say I rewatch an episode of something I have already watched. So on emby it is marked as watched and on trakt it is marked as watched. I watch 50% of the episode and stop. I decide not to watch it any further but want to remove it from my resume watching list. To do this I unmark it as watch and then mark it as watched. Next time I sync with trakt what should occur? 

vdatanet

Question on the new plugin. Lets say I rewatch an episode of something I have already watched. So on emby it is marked as watched and on trakt it is marked as watched. I watch 50% of the episode and stop. I decide not to watch it any further but want to remove it from my resume watching list. To do this I unmark it as watch and then mark it as watched. Next time I sync with trakt what should occur? 

Item appears again as unwatched in Continue Watching row with resume time 50%. If you want an item to dissapear from Continue watching, you have to mark it as unwatched and play 1 second the item. (less than a resumable time)

Edited by vdatanet

BorgKnight

Item appears again as unwatched in Continue Watching row with resume time 50%. If you want an item to dissapear from Continue watching, you have to mark it as unwatched and play 1 second the item. (less than a resumable time)

Ya that is what I have seen as well, just wanted to confirm. Sadly then I will have to remove the trakt plugin until this changes. It would be great that a marking of watched would also clear on trakt any resume time that trakt is storing for the episode. 

vdatanet

When you mark as watched an item in Emby, maybe remove playback item should be called:

https://trakt.docs.apiary.io/#reference/sync/playback/remove-a-playback-item

Here is an example:

https://sharkykh.github.io/TraktPlaybackProgressManager/

This is what TraktRater calls to remove pauses.

It makes sense if you mark as watched an item, you don't want to continue watching that item.

If you implement this, Trakt plugin would be perfect.

Edited by vdatanet

BorgKnight

When you mark as watched an item in Emby, maybe remove playback item should be called:

Here is an example:

It makes sense if you mark as watched and item, you don't want to continue watching that item.

I agree, I think the playback progress is a great addition to the plugin as it truly helps then with syncing the progress across different platforms. But we must take into account the marking of watched on an item that you have maybe only watched 50% of. If that could be added then I would install the trakt plugin again but until that is implemented I'm going to leave it uninstalled for now. 

Please try the Trakt plugin version 3.3.9 and see how that compares. Thanks.

I updated to 3.3.9 and re-ran the import play states scheduled task. My continue watching list is still full of items already marked as watched. Is there a step I'm missing?

Bazzu85

Here is an example:

It makes sense if you mark as watched an item, you don't want to continue watching that item.

@@Luke maybe you can implement this in next plugin update..

With 3.3.9 the other functionality works like a charm..

shrouski

3.3.9 has sorted it for me after using TraktRater to delete all paused and continue statuses, then reran the import playstate task. All are now gone and it's tidy.

Thanks

ginjaninja

Here is an example:

Yes indeed.

In my experience (using traktrate web...thanks for link) its clear that when an episode naturally finishes after playback, the pause is removed on Emby AND on trakt by the emby trakt plugin

but when an episode with a pause is marked played (immediately from the management gui) the pause is removed from Emby but NOT removed on Trakt, so pause comes back into emby on the next trakt plugin scheduled task

Is this being treated as a bug?

Edited by ginjaninja

negativzeroe

Fixed! Now after you finish watching a movie in other platform, when importing Trakt watched status, movie is marked as watched and resume time is reset, so movie is not in Continue watching anymore.

So to be clear we still need to use TraktRater to clear states yes?

vdatanet

If you don't want those states, you have to clear them.

vdatanet

I use Infuse for Apple TV. If I have an item played at 50% and I mark it as watched, it's marked as watched on Trakt and resume time is removed, so I guess it's possible for Emby to do the same.

Yes. After using TraktRater to clear the states and then running the scheduled task again in Emby, my continue watching is finally clear again

negativzeroe

Yes. After using TraktRater to clear the states and then running the scheduled task again in Emby, my continue watching is finally clear again

How exactly does one do that? I've been trying to but it keeps saying sites aren't enabled when I start import.

Maybe this isn't fixed. The wife watched these yesterday, stopped both part way through and then came back to them to finish later. They're marked as watched in Emby but the continue watching status from when she stopped them suddenly re-appeared during the next trakt sync. 

5df6a5a56517b_Capture.png