Trakt - Having random watch progress

negativzeroe
Go to solution Solved by vdatanet,

negativzeroe

I noticed if I go to movies and episodes (under TV) I can filter by continue playing @@Luke can you implement a Select All in multi select settings on these screens so we can mark all as played?

Edit. Came back.

Edited by negativzeroe

I noticed if I go to movies and episodes (under TV) I can filter by continue playing @@Luke can you implement a Select All in multi select settings on these screens so we can mark all as played?

Yes it's a good idea, thanks.

ginjaninja

These are the steps that I often follow

1. I start playing an item not watched in Emby and stop at 30 minutes

2. In other software I continue watching the item from 30 minutes

3. I finish watching the item in other software

4. Emby imports the status of the item as watched

5. The resume time in Emby is still 30 minutes

6. Therefore Item is still in "Continue Watching"

I think that when marking the item as watched in Emby from Trakt, resume time should be reset. Otherwise we will end up having a lot of items watched in "Continue Watching"

+1 i agree, in every real world scenario i can think of a unwatch switching to watched via trakt should remove the 'continue playing bookmark'.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

ginjaninja

having learnt theres a 'continue playing' filter from this thread, i gave it a go and got an unintelligble result.

there are loads of movies with bookmarks at 0,1 and 2 seconds...these are well inside the librarys min resume %. It makes sense to record all bookmarks (save 0.00) in case the library resume % are changed post bookmark, but The libraries' resume % values should affect 'continue playing' on home screen certainly, thats the primary use case for the resume % settings.

Hi there,

I'm using Emby 4.3.0.24. I think unique to this version I've started having issues with the Continue Watching section, specifically for my movie collection. For whatever reason it's picking up a bunch of movies in there, some of which I had watched partway through, others that I never even started watching. For those that I partially watched I had some time ago gone in and marked them as played to clear the flag, but now they're showing up again. For some other titles I'm getting resume times as early as a few seconds into the movie. I've gone in and marked these titles as 'Played' in the interface to try to get them to hide from the Continue Watching section. This works temporarily but inevitably the same titles keep coming back. I've checked a few of the NFO files for these movies to see if there might be a resume time listed there but I don't see anything like that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

WilhelmStroker

Sadly yes, use the Traktrater tool from that thread to remove watch states for movies and tv shows and then watch something very briefly to remove it from continue watching. A pain, as I had lots in there...

Hi guys and gals, just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this?

Screenshot-27.png

All my continue watching seems to be programs I have watched, when I click on them the majority say resume from 0:00 or 0:01, I'm very confused as to how and why this has happened?

TIA

@@GiGo

ginjaninja

Screenshot-27.png

All my continue watching seems to be programs I have watched, when I click on them the majority say resume from 0:00 or 0:01, I'm very confused as to how and why this has happened?

TIA

@@GiGo

dont remove continue watching bookmarks in emby en masse before you have reset continue watching bookmarks in trakt using the tool earlier in the thread...the bookmarks will just come back again..

hopefully in future the plugin can write 'bookmark resets' back to trackt when emby resets them, but it didnt last time i reset all my bookmarks in emby.

ginjaninja

after watching 2 and a half episodes (4,5,half of 6) in a row on tv on plex, emby had continue watching bookmarks for 5 mid way and 6 midway.

now its more than possible that i did stop watching 5 midway before completing.

so it looks like plex misbehaves and also doesnt reset bookmarks (although the plex ui handles it ie doesnt show a bookmark on 5).

if the above symptoms turn out to be reproducible, maybe emby has to protect itself with an option (on by default) to not import bookmarks on watched content (and apply watched prior to bookmark on each sync).

if emby wrote reset bookmarks back to trakt it would be a quick fix issue in any case - it wont happen very often.

Bazzu85

after watching 2 and a half episodes (4,5,half of 6) in a row on tv on plex, emby had continue watching bookmarks for 5 mid way and 6 midway.

now its more than possible that i did stop watching 5 midway before completing.

so it looks like plex misbehaves and also doesnt reset bookmarks (although the plex ui handles it ie doesnt show a bookmark on 5).

if the above symptoms turn out to be reproducible, maybe emby has to protect itself with an option (on by default) to not import bookmarks on watched content (and apply watched prior to bookmark on each sync).

if emby wrote reset bookmarks back to trakt it would be a quick fix issue in any case - it wont happen very often.

I think that playstate import is a great funcionality (the half play of episode 6 was correct) but in your case I think is plex flault that doesn't reset/update last progress on episode 5..

If you say that emby plugin when manually marking as watched/unwatched into emby, the progress as to be resetted....I totally agree..

Bazzu85

Screenshot-27.png

TIA

@@GiGo

the problem of continue watching at 0.00 or 0.01 was caused by trakt plugin 3.36/3.37.

using the 3.38 the import respect the library setting percentage..

The problem is this: to remove item from continue watching section you have to manually mark as watched /unwatched and in the next plugin sync the item that doesn't respect the library settings resume parameters, shound not be imported..

the problem of continue watching at 0.00 or 0.01 was caused by trakt plugin 3.36/3.37.

using the 3.38 the import respect the library setting percentage..

The problem is this: to remove item from continue watching section you have to manually mark as watched /unwatched and in the next plugin sync the item that doesn't respect the library settings resume parameters, shound not be imported..

Sorry for being dumb..... So update the plugin and everything should be fine as everything that is marked for Continue Watching has already been marked as watched.

Bazzu85

Sorry for being dumb..... So update the plugin and everything should be fine as everything that is marked for Continue Watching has already been marked as watched.

nope..

the only way to remove something from the actual "continue watching" section is to mark as watched/unwatched..

with last version of the plugin in the next trakt import the item at 0.00 and 0.01 are not inserted in continue watching..

try and tell us..

Can we please please please have an option in the plugin settings to completely and utterly ignore the Trakt playback progress sync?

I am slowly using Trakt to sync playstates between Plex and Emby because I'm converting all my users over to Emby, but this trakt update has completely screwed things for me.

I did the whole TraktRater dance which worked, but then used Plex to watch a few seasons of some shows and now it's all screwed up again in Emby:

5de66f89e09e9_ScreenShot20191203at92004A

Please please please fix this.

I've been plagued by this now as well. It appears every episode I've ever paused is now showing up on my continue watching row. Hoping for an update in the trakt plugin with a feature to disable the playstate import.

We have a developer looking at this. Thanks.

Excellent!

For now I'm just ignoring it. Any item that I legitimately pause and come back to later is always at the front of the list so it's not the end of the world. I started going through and marking unwatched/watched but then that just messed with my "Next Up" so I just left it be for now.

vdatanet

5dea4388c2609_Anotacin20191206130229.jpg

Maybe we need something like this:

(True/False) Hide watched content from lastest media and continue watching

or 

(True/False) Hide watched content from latest media

(Frue/False) Hide watched content from continue watching

• Solution
vdatanet

When you finish watching an item in other platform, watch status is imported as watched, but item is still in "Continue Watching" row, resume time should be reset:

5ddd845927460_Capturadepantalla20191126a

Fixed! Now after you finish watching a movie in other platform, when importing Trakt watched status, movie is marked as watched and resume time is reset, so movie is not in Continue watching anymore.

• Like 1