server crash when i try to play a movie

rdcdt

hi everyone,

I'm newby in emby, i just finish to configure the emby server but when i try to play a movie emby server crash.

the server run on a freebox delta in debian vm

what can i do ?

thank for all.

hardware_detection-63710041826.txt

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-815f8b49-4589-4115-a0c4-526e2ee4a875_1.txt

Edited by rdcdt

strange think append some time i got the picture of the movies and it crash but other times i crash when it charge the movies

i change some transcodage setting and it read 0.5 seconde of a movie

amazin it work in kodi plugin

Edited by rdcdt

Malmgren

I've got the same problem. Also on arm64 Debian (no vm though). Just installed Emby 4.3.0.30.

I tried completely disabling transcoding for the user (suspecting the machine wasn't powerful enough to do the transcoding) but I get the exact same result without transcoding.

Attaching my logs. This was when trying a really old low-res movie, thought maybe at least that would work. Also this was streaming to my tv, but I get the same result when streaming to web browser.

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-647544d7-1143-49b1-a67f-4e3328b94765_1.txt

Malmgren

@@rdcdt, might I ask how your movie library is mounted? I made a major breakthrough here. I have had another problem with Emby, that the original scanning of my library took long time (I'm talking weeks instead of minutes here) and I discovered today (see https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/73637-library-scan-stuck-at-864-forever/page-3&do=findComment&comment=812121)that this was solved by mounting the library using cifs instead of nfs. And it seems the crash problems were solved as well. Apparently Emby and nfs is a very very bad combination. Don't ask me why...

/Daniel

@malmgrem i mount my drive direcctly with partition in ntfs, my libreary was scan in less a minute

Edited by rdcdt

Malmgren

Yes or fresh install. Either should be fine for a test.

Ok, results for 4.3.0.24 is that when the movies are nfs mounted it takes much longer time to load up after pressing play (like ten seconds) but it doesn't crash. So for both versions cifs works better, but at least .24 stays alive :-)

mastrmind11

odd, i've been using emby w/ nfs for years without any issues.  Granted, I'm not arm based so :shrug

• 2 weeks later...
Malmgren

Ok, seems I was too slow, the file is gone now. I tried the latest beta (4.4.0.1) from the download page though, and it seems to work like 4.3.0.24. When the library is cifs mounted everything works fine, and with nfs at least emby doesn't crash, although it takes painfully long time to start a movie.

/Daniel