I have Emby 184.108.40.206 running in a Docker container on a Linux host.
All media is stored on Linux and presented to Kodi clients through SMB shares.
Emby appears to work wonderfully and had no real issues.
Just trying to understand a recent scenario
1) Added a new (to my system) TV sereis - using Sonarr and then scraped and downloaded by Sabnzbd - the TV sereis is Yellowstone
2) All episodes from both seasons were found and downloaded
3) On the same day Sonarr went through its list of TV series not fulfilled and downloaded some old episodes of Whose Line is it anyway (Season 13) - We are currently in Season 15
4) In my Kodi New Episodes list - all the ones from Whose Line is it anyway were listed - but none of the ones from Yellowstone
5) So i went into the show list and Yellowstone and all its episodes and data showed up - together with correct airing dates etc
So it would appear Emby had found the series, scanned it and added it to the database - but had not told Kodi about them being new
I can not give other exact examples to this level of detail - but this has happened before and it always seem to be when i add a show to the system that has not been added before - regardless of the age of the series
So i guess my question is - what characterises a new Episode to Emby and gets it to present that to Kodi - and could there be something weird with the algorith - if it is a continuuing show, that is new to the system ?