When remuxing HEVC + DTS movies, green artifacts are shown

vdatanet

vdatanet

Most HEVC + DTS movies that require audio transcoding show green artifacts. Like this:

https://streamable.com/w8gip

Plex directs plays this movie and If I disable transcoding permission in user, Emby for Android TV also directs play the movie, without artifacts. So I guess my TV supports DTS and Emby App for Android TV is not able to detect it.

I don't mind if DTS is not detected, my TV doesn't support DTS and audio needs to be transcoded. The issue are the artifacts shown when transcoding audio.

Edit.- This is a cropped rip (those that didn't fire HDR when playing them with Nvidia Shield). Full remux rips doesn't exhibit this issue.

ffmpeg-remux-02f944c0-6b7f-412e-839c-4f1383d2e358_1.txt

Edited by vdatanet

vdatanet

Does anyone else get these green artifacts when transcoding the audio of a reencoded 4k HDR movie from a Blu-ray? I have no problem with direct play, but in my systems where DTS is not supported (audio transcoding is needed), I see these green artifacts. Not just one movie, most of them.

I think there are a number of topics sprinkled around right now referencing this basic issue with HEVC HDR video streams being stream copied and delivered via HLS.

@

vdatanet

@@ebr I've disabled surround sound on NVIDIA Shield. Now DTS audio direct plays and green artifacts are gone. Does mean that NVIDIA Shield can decode DTS audio and down mix to Stereo?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest asrequested

@@ebr I've disabled surround sound on NVIDIA Shield. Now DTS audio direct plays and green artifacts are gone. Does mean that NVIDIA Shield can decode DTS audio and down mix to Stereo?

Yes

vdatanet

It says direct playing in the server dashboard?

Yes. The only drawback is a slightly low volume.