Are seasonal themes still a thing?

mastrmind11

daedalus
On 10/31/2019 at 12:03 PM, daedalus said:

still no sound effects on webapp & ET, today the theme automatically got applied

and @ ET accent color for top bar is still not orange, just like last year, thx for fixing nothing <_<

post-143-0-26739400-1572520141_thumb.png

On 11/1/2019 at 2:34 AM, daedalus said:

just noticed its only the title bar on the horizontal home screen that is still green

title bar inside each library is orange

On 11/1/2019 at 9:09 AM, Spaceboy said:

Oh well, lets reconvene in 360 days.

and here we are, exactly as expected, its the third year, you are not able the fix a simple color thing

thx again for fixing nothing <_< , for not listenening and for not bringing back nor the sounds, nor the 'spooky suggestions' but additionally removing the font too

so lets wait for christmas

• Like 1

pwhodges

A seasonal theme is totally unrelated to the function of this software, so you can readily avoid your annoyance with this frippery by disabling it.

Paul

• Like 1

Ronstang

Halloween theme works fine for me, showed up automatically a few days back when I went to watch a movie.....but this was on my Firestick 4K.  I got the howling as I opened Emby, orange accents and buttons and suggestions on what to watch Halloween related from my collection.  It's nice, if it didn't work that would be fine but it's a nice touch.

My only suggestion for a theme like this is to have it all month so I can enjoy it longer.  Every TV station has Halloween all month long so why can't we? (It's my favorite holiday....even though it's not actually a holiday)

• Agree 1

Ronstang

No, I'm using my Firestick 4K.....yes, I'm using my web app right now to manage my server and there is no Halloween theme but why would I want that?  It would be annoying to have a howling wolf all the time.  I would never use the web app to watch content because using the computer itself is clunky and requires me to watch in the room the computer is in.

1 hour ago, Ronstang said:

My only suggestion for a theme like this is to have it all month so I can enjoy it longer.  Every TV station has Halloween all month long so why can't we? (It's my favorite holiday....even though it's not actually a holiday)

Hi.  You can select the Halloween theme at any time in the app settings.

Ronstang
49 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  You can select the Halloween theme at any time in the app settings.

Awesome! Thanks

Ronstang

I just refreshed my emby server on the web app (for another reason) and the Halloween theme is now there, so maybe you have to refresh the web app to make the change.

cptlores
On 10/31/2020 at 3:41 PM, pwhodges said:

A seasonal theme is totally unrelated to the function of this software, so you can readily avoid your annoyance with this frippery by disabling it.

Paul

Please tell that to my users who call to complaint that something is wrong with Emby.

And for the record Halloween is not an international holiday, meaning many users will not make the connection when Emby suddenly starts howling at them.

Edited by cptlores
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, cptlores said:

And for the record Halloween is not an international holiday, meaning many users will not make the connection when Emby suddenly starts howling at them.

There is also a message on the screen at the time that says "Happy Halloween".  But, duly noted.

MediaMogal

Didn't feel like creating a topic for a single post, so I'll just post here. The Halloween there was great. Very nicely done. Thanks

daedalus
2 hours ago, ebr said:

There is also a message on the screen at the time that says "Happy Halloween".  But, duly noted.

maybe on your AndroidTV app, but that message did not appear on the other clients

2 hours ago, MediaMogal said:

Didn't feel like creating a topic for a single post, so I'll just post here. The Halloween there was great. Very nicely done. Thanks

great you use a client that "supported" it and had fun with it, for the rest it was just a short disappointment

37 minutes ago, daedalus said:

maybe on your AndroidTV app, but that message did not appear on the other clients

He specifically referenced "howling" and that app is the only one that does that.

daedalus
On 10/31/2020 at 5:41 PM, Ronstang said:

No, I'm using my Firestick 4K.....yes, I'm using my web app right now to manage my server and there is no Halloween theme but why would I want that?  It would be annoying to have a howling wolf all the time.  I would never use the web app to watch content because using the computer itself is clunky and requires me to watch in the room the computer is in.

and thats why you should/can turn things like this off for your specific use case

• Agree 1

Ronstang
7 hours ago, daedalus said:

and thats why you should/can turn things like this off for your specific use case

I told you on Saturday that I refreshed the web app and the theme was there afterwards, it was  not my goal as I refreshed for a different reason but I immediately came into this thread to post what I found in case it might help you at least enjoy the theme for the rest of Halloween.  Did you try that?

daedalus

please read my other posts, we are struggling with this topic for 3 years now

and there was nothing to enjoy, the broken halloween theme was only there on 31.10 for the other clients

On 11/2/2020 at 7:37 PM, ebr said:

He specifically referenced "howling" and that app is the only one that does that.

In the past I used to get the howling on my LG TV too but not this year. Why has it been removed?
I loved it, surely scared our cat!

• Like 1

Yes, it freaks out one of my cats as well.  I've got one cat who takes a short cut entering the room by going behind the TV.  I was waiting for this to happen and cranked up the volume.  As the cat started behind the TV I entered Emby and let me tell you what, Flash has nothing on this cat.  Talk about a fast cat!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, cayars said:

Yes, it freaks out one of my cats as well.  I've got one cat who takes a short cut entering the room by going behind the TV.  I was waiting for this to happen and cranked up the volume.  As the cat started behind the TV I entered Emby and let me tell you what, Flash has nothing on this cat.  Talk about a fast cat!

Haha, always nice to scare the cat a bit 😛 Really a shame this has been removed from the LG app.

• 2 years later...
JoLarsson

I'm resurrecting this thread...

Is the seasonal themes still there?
A few years ago I noticed them and my users really enjoyed them and I recall having seen a setting for it somewhere.
Now when I check my Emby Server I can't find anywhere to turn them on or off. At least no setting that says seasonal.. or holiday...
When I check my ChromeCast 4k Android TV or FireStick Max 4k there's no such settings.

I'm on the latest stable portable x64 build.

Edited by JoLarsson
  • Like 1

Ronstang

I'm not sure about app specifics as I use only GoogleTV and Firesticks but go to the settings icon, mine is at the top right corner before the clock.....then go to "General Display"...then "Enable Seasonal Themes"  

Now if you want the Halloween or Holiday theme for longer than emby automatically uses it when selected then you can simply select the seasonal theme you want from under themes. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JoLarsson said:

I'm resurrecting this thread...

Is the seasonal themes still there?
A few years ago I noticed them and my users really enjoyed them and I recall having seen a setting for it somewhere.
Now when I check my Emby Server I can't find anywhere to turn them on or off. At least no setting that says seasonal.. or holiday...
When I check my ChromeCast 4k Android TV or FireStick Max 4k there's no such settings.

I'm on the latest stable portable x64 build.

For the most part, no. We'll try to bring them back next year, but we've had to focus on other things.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
b0dyr0ck2006

I can’t see how hard it would be to reimplement the holidays theme, even if you had to start afresh it would only take 10 minutes of your time

• Agree 1