Xbox one kodi emby stopt working

Gofran

Hello

Iam currently using xbox one as mediaplayer and yesterday it stopt working

When i press play on a vid it freeze then goes back when i press play again freeze again

I have tried reinstalling kodi and emby but no luck same issue

sualfred

Kodi on the XBone is very experimental and nothing more than just a technical study. The device has limited Python features (security reasons) that makes it not really compatible with the addon playback method. But if your server is in your local network you can simply use the native playback method instead. This one should work.

Embycon should work fine.

Edited by sualfred

Reason why i not embycon is because addon tvshowtime can not work with it but at first it was working fine 

And the web works fine i use kodi because its supports tvshowtime addon

I did a reset and chose native instead default with no luck or am i still not understood you please provide a step by step

So this is odd also my other devices saying tha they cant find it and need to check file is it maybe because of the latest update 18.4

TeamB

Angelblue helped me for a while but then just stopped answering.

Sometimes peoples real lives get in the way of their hobbies :-)

I've been using Embycon since, but its not really an ideal solution.

Yes it is a different approach, while it is not a drop in replacment for the K4E addon what are your main pain points with EmbyCon?

emmettf

Sometimes peoples real lives get in the way of their hobbies :-)

Yes it is a different approach, while it is not a drop in replacment for the K4E addon what are your main pain points with EmbyCon?

Hi Team B, its just not very elegant. Anyway, I have signed up for Premium for a month and downloaded the Xbox App. I'll test this for a month and if it runs good then I'll buy a lifetime pass. At the moment it all seems good (the only problem I'm having is with files with multiple audio tracks, I'll report that in a seperate thread later if I can't solve it).

TeamB

The two projects have a different approach.

E4K is all about integration with Kodi at a very low level, making Kodi work just like Kodi but be able to use your Emby server as the media source. A lot of code and complexity goes into achieving this. The main one being direct write access to the Kodi DB which is forbidden by the Kodi team and why E4K can not be added to the main Kodi repo.

EmbyCon is all about simplicity, not so much for the end user but for the approach and code base, this makes it less complex and easier to maintain. It also means it can be added to the official Kodi repo. The user needs to do some extra work to set up Kodi the way they want it to work, it is not an out of the box experience some users are happy with and it is therefrom not for everyone.

So in my mind elegance like beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)

This has recently, in the last few weeks, started failing for me as well. It had generally been working fine for many months prior to this issue. I did test using the Kodi app on the Windows Store with the same configuration and that works properly. I am happy to assist with troubleshooting if it will help with troubleshooting. I know that the Xbox app is in a bit of a beta mode, but it's a great option for many of us.

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem here. Ever since the 18.4 update (maybe something else also updated too) I've not been able to play anything with Emby on my xbox one with Kodi.

My setup is as follows:

Windows 10 box that is the host running Emby

Xbox One with Kodi. I run E4K with Embuary skin.

This has been rock solid since Kodi was released for the Xbox One up until the last update to 18.4. 

I can still play trailers (stored on the windows box in the same folders as the movies) but everything else (movie and TV all .mkv or .mp4) just hangs then says "One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more inform about this message." Everything else works fine.

I've tried the Embyconnect add-on with the same results. I have also tried the beta version and Native Play with negative results. I deleted Kodi completely from the Xbox and re-installed it from scratch with the same problem. 

I have the same setup on a instance of Kodi installed on a windows box that works fine.  :unsure: I even reinstalled that one to double check.

I've looked through the server log but I don't see anything there. I see when it plays trailers but nothing appears in the log when I try an play a video. 

Anyone have a fix for this?

Same problem here. Ever since the 18.4 update (maybe something else also updated too) I've not been able to play anything with Emby on my xbox one with Kodi.

My setup is as follows:

Windows 10 box that is the host running Emby

Xbox One with Kodi. I run E4K with Embuary skin.

This has been rock solid since Kodi was released for the Xbox One up until the last update to 18.4. 

I can still play trailers (stored on the windows box in the same folders as the movies) but everything else (movie and TV all .mkv or .mp4) just hangs then says "One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more inform about this message." Everything else works fine.

I've tried the Embyconnect add-on with the same results. I have also tried the beta version and Native Play with negative results. I deleted Kodi completely from the Xbox and re-installed it from scratch with the same problem. 

I have the same setup on a instance of Kodi installed on a windows box that works fine.  :unsure: I even reinstalled that one to double check.

I've looked through the server log but I don't see anything there. I see when it plays trailers but nothing appears in the log when I try an play a video. 

Anyone have a fix for this?

Hi there @@nine3, please attach the emby server log and kodi log. thanks.