Problem Playing

emmettf

emmettf

Hi,

I'm having a problem for over a week now, when I try to play a file it just freezes for a while and then sometimes I get an error wo say to check the log. I've managed to get files playing without a problem using Embycon so its probably nothing on the server side.

Log: https://paste.kodi.tv/uyopecaduq

Running on Xbox One S

I also completely removed Kodi and reinstalled everything from scratch but it didn't help.

Thanks in advance.

Angelblue05

Hmm, ok this seems to be an issue with the windows store version. If you remove the library from Kodi, you'll be able to play the content for now. Or install embycon.

I will have to test this scenario, because I don't recall seeing this issue last time I tested.

Angelblue05

The problem is the way playback is initiated with Emby for Kodi. Embycon works because it uses traditional plugin setup while Emby for Kodi syncs to your Kodi database.

The issue is it's blocking the internal webservice the add-on uses to initiate playback. It is likely incompatible with Emby for Kodi add-on playback. If this is on your local network to your server, switch to native playback mode (which lets Kodi take over playback fully) and reset your local database to apply the changes or use Embycon. Certain platforms don't have or aren't compatible with certain python modules.

I cannot replicate this on a windows machine, it seems to be an xbox thing.

Edited by Angelblue05

Hi, thanks for the reply, when I use the native playback mode I get the error about path substitution. Honestly, I don't really understand how to set that up. This is the curtrent setup in Emby:

5d7b44e331718_emby1.jpg

and this is the share on my NAS:

5d7b45033bad6_emby2.jpg

Is this already correct or do I have to change something? Maybe here?:

5d7b451921ae8_emby3.jpg

Any chance of any help here, I've been trying for days and still get the path substitution error. I would use the addon(default) option which had worked for years but thats not working now for weeks.