"theme-music" playback controls

Losey

So, after migrating over to a portable installation I decided to do some cleanup of my media library and attempt to address some long-time issues that had been coming up... one of which was the disappearance of playback controls for the files that autoplay from the "theme-music" folder in movies, collections, tv-shows, games, and other media.

Did some precursory digging on this topic before posting, nearest I could find were these old threads.

Now, if I understand correctly, the "theme-music" folder is what most of these threads are referring to, as when I originally configured these collections the media pages displayed the full track listing in the page, along with playback controls. Now however, those lists no longer appear, and the theme music often even continues playing even after starting a video if played from the browser (mildly annoying), and this is complicated by the playback controls no longer appearing. I'm quite curious as of what kinds of issues the old arrangement was causing that led to it being discontinued, since prior to its removal it seemed to be working perfectly in my libraries.

So, the current "solution" is to move the soundtracks into my Music library and create a Collection with the movie and its soundtrack album to associate the items.

If this is the case, why is the theme-music directory still being supported when the playback controls for media being played by it are gone? Or am I experiencing an error?

Edited by Losey

If this is the case, why is the theme-music directory still being supported when the playback controls for media being played by it are gone?

Hi, it is designed to be background playback. Way back when we the controls used to be shown, the complaints about that were very loud and harsh, so that's why it was changed.

Hi, it is designed to be background playback. Way back when we the controls used to be shown, the complaints about that were very loud and harsh, so that's why it was changed.

I see. So as-is, it's probably better to just not support "theme-music" directories at all, since without the playback controls you can't stop it from playing while your movies/shows are playing.

crusher11

It shouldn't be playing while the show is playing. It should stop once you leave the emby page for the show/film. Something must be going wrong at your end.

Edited by crusher11

It shouldn't be playing while the show is playing. It should stop once you leave the emby page for the show/film. Something must be going wrong at your end.

Oh? I suppose so then. It's been a consistent issue on my setup.

crusher11

I've had it happen once or twice, but it was only a glitch with the "buy premiere" popup ad in the LG app. Outside of that all my theme music stops as soon as I hit 'play', or click on an actor, or back out of the film screen into whichever screen I was previously on.

Yea i just tried it now and it seems to be working OK. Can we look at an example? thanks.

So, since this post I've been trying to reproduce and capture the error... humorously hasn't happened since. No idea what changed, but I'm not complaining.