Music Album Display Not Working

saj

I am trying to use Emby for WMC as my music player. Everything works except that when I select the Album display, Emby for WMC always says I have no items. I use the Square theme, but I have also tried Chocolate and Classic with the same result. The other displays - Artists, Album Artists and Genre work fine. Emby Theater's Album display works. Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks.

d00zah

If you're still running the stable release, try v3.0.310.0 (current Beta/Dev) which provides some updates to the music section.

d00zah

Interesting. I was having similar issues until ebr worked his magic in the most recent round of betas.

How long have you waited  in the Album view for things to populate? I suppose a large collection could take a while? I'm at ~1500 albums & it's working fine for me, although others have mentioned much larger collections.

Any obvious timeouts in the server or EMC logs?

EDIT: BTW Using Chocolate theme...

Edited by d00zah

When I select the Album view, there is a delay, and then the Album screen comes up showing 0 Albums. I will never change after that no matter how long I wait. I have given it hours and have tried it numerous times. I seems odd that the other types of displays work just fine. I have far fewer albums than you in my database - fewer than 500. I'm not an expert on the logs, but nothing jumps out at me in either one.

d00zah

@@ebr, any thoughts? Seems odd that music views other than Albums populate OK.

@@saj, could you please post an EMC log & corresponding server log? EMC logs are per session & reproducing the event isn't difficult, but you may want to restart the server before reproduction to generate a smaller, relatively clean server log.

d00zah

Well, I see a bunch of themes installed & eventually the navigation to Albums here:

2017-06-23 20:22:38.8491,Debug,,Navigating to Albums item type MediaBrowser.Library.FolderModel,1,Application

Followed not too long after by

2017-06-23 20:23:18.8744,Error,,Error getting response from http://192.168.15.21:8096/emby/Users/4b4c1281-21aa-6420-86bb-225659a7d471/Items?...

but I think @@ebr needs to take a look. Anything I posited would be a SWAG...

@@saj what if you remove all third party themes from Emby for WMC and just try with the default theme. What happens then?

In the log you posted, you are using the Square theme.  Can you please post a new log without all the themes installed and while using Chocolate?  Thanks.

Thanks for responding ebr. I had already removed all the themes except Square and the default Classic. So I removed Square, reinstalled Chocolate and restarted everything. Much to my surprise, the album listing worked. This was not the first time I had tried Chocolate, but it was the first time it was the only installed theme. All the tests with any theme I selected failed before. So, once it worked, I reinstalled Square, and now it works too. I would be curious what happened, but the bottom line is problem solved. Now I expect it would work with any theme. Maybe I'll become a Chocolate convert! Thanks again, but if you have an idea why this happened, please post it.