• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 udiggity OFFLINE  

udiggity

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 11:20 PM

Posted 23 September 2019 - 02:31 PM

Now that Google and Amazon are playing nice again and they've added the YouTube app back to Fire devices, can we get the trailer option added back to the FireTV emby app?  Would make my life so much better as my wife constantly nags me that she can't watch a trailer to see what the movie is about lol.  

• heciruam and Punch like this

#2 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 50748 posts
  • Local time: 06:20 PM

Posted 24 September 2019 - 09:28 AM

I will test it to see what the experience is like.

Thanks.

• heciruam, Punch and weeniFus like this

#3 Punch OFFLINE  

Punch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Local time: 11:20 PM

Posted 24 September 2019 - 06:53 PM

plus one

#4 Dan96max OFFLINE  

Dan96max

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 11:09 PM

Any update on adding trailers back?   It's the last feature I need to get my wife converted over from Plex.    Thanks!

#5 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 50748 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 01:53 PM

Hi.  We tried it and the integration still did not work properly on that platform.

#6 techman2005 OFFLINE  

techman2005

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Local time: 05:20 PM

Posted 24 December 2019 - 05:10 PM

Any new news on getting trailers to work? Fire stick or Roku

#7 STR8 OFFLINE  

STR8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Local time: 03:20 PM

Posted 24 December 2019 - 06:45 PM

Yes trailers working for roku again would be great

#8 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 50748 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 06:53 PM

Hi.  Trailers work on those platforms.  The issue is specifically with YouTube content.

On the Fire, the YouTube app does not respond to the published protocols for being invoked to play something.

On the Roku, I don't believe this will ever be possible because the Roku OS is not multi-tasking like most others.  So, if we invoke the YouTube app on it, you completely lose where you were in ours (it is shut down by the system).  This makes for a very poor user experience.

#9 Dan96max OFFLINE  

Dan96max

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 07:02 PM

I was able to download trailers with media companion which worked Ok and the trailers play on fire tv. My only issue is that the file names within the directory have to match exact. So movie123.mkv and then movie123-trailer.mkv this works but the movie file names can change and then the trailers stop working. Would it be possible for emby to use any file in the directory that has -trailer in it as the trailer? So in the folder movie123 it could be movie123.mkv and then movie-trailer.mkv.

Right now I have to pull a file list for the whole library and try to Manually look through it to find names that don’t match.

Does that make sense?

#10 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 50748 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 07:05 PM

I was able to download trailers with media companion which worked Ok and the trailers play on fire tv. My only issue is that the file names within the directory have to match exact. So movie123.mkv and then movie123-trailer.mkv this works but the movie file names can change and then the trailers stop working. Would it be possible for emby to use any file in the directory that has -trailer in it as the trailer? So in the folder movie123 it could be movie123.mkv and then movie-trailer.mkv.

Right now I have to pull a file list for the whole library and try to Manually look through it to find names that don’t match.

Does that make sense?

Hi.  If you already have your movies in their own folder just put your trailers in a "Trailers" sub folder and they can be named whatever you want.

https://github.com/M...i/wiki/Trailers

• heciruam likes this

#11 Dan96max OFFLINE  

Dan96max

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:18 PM

Hi.  If you already have your movies in their own folder just put your trailers in a "Trailers" sub folder and they can be named whatever you want.

https://github.com/M...i/wiki/Trailers

Media companion is the only thing I've found that can automatically download trailers but it isn't capable of adding them into a sub directory. So it still remains a very time consuming process to create sub directories for each new movie and manually move trailer files OR to use media companion and try to maintain the file names manually.  

Using trailer files in emby that end with -trailer regardless of the movies file name would eliminate the issue. It would be a full work around for having local trailers on fire devices with out a ton of extra work.   %-trailer or  %-trailer%    

It's become a chore though.  We've gone back to using plex for movies because the trailers stream no problem on firetv.  emby for tv and plex for movies.   Would love to just use emby for everything. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trailers, fireTV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users