Photo

Emby Theater Desktop mode doesn't scale

desktop mode scale dpi

Best Answer Luke , 24 August 2019 - 11:45 PM

Having the ability to adjust text sizes is something we can add in the future, but scaling the UI is not something typically seen in a desktop app.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 moonman OFFLINE  

moonman

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 06:26 PM

Posted 24 August 2019 - 10:40 PM

Hello,

Just switched from Plex and loving it. :) but I have an issue with Desktop mode.

I have Emby Theater 3.0.9. When I switch to Desktop mode (from the default TV mode), everything is terribly small on the screen. It tells me it somehow disables DPI scaling. I have my PC connected to a 4K tv and native windows scaling is at 2.5. The TV mode works fine, but I much prefer the Desktop mode with the side panel and actual menus (instead of them being full screen).

I tried settings custom scaling from the windows properties for emby. It works fine until a video starts playing, and video is shown in the upper left corner of the screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by moonman, 24 August 2019 - 10:41 PM.

#2 Diedrich OFFLINE  

Diedrich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 665 posts
  • Local time: 08:26 PM

Posted 24 August 2019 - 11:10 PM

TV mode is a 10-foot UI, desktop mode is not. Unfortunately, you will just have to get used to the TV mode layout. Desktop mode is for people watching their content on a computer monitor or laptop.

#3 moonman OFFLINE  

moonman

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 11:18 PM

That would make sense if computer monitors didn't come in 4k or 1440p. These people are SOL as well I guess.

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 135740 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 11:45 PM   Best Answer

Having the ability to adjust text sizes is something we can add in the future, but scaling the UI is not something typically seen in a desktop app.

• moonman likes this

#5 Doofus OFFLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 12031 posts
  • Local time: 05:26 PM

Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:38 AM

I wonder if you just want vertical mode, instead of horizontal?

#6 moonman OFFLINE  

moonman

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 04:39 AM

That would be nice. It looks like all images actually scale just fine, it's the text that's the problem. Thank you

I wonder if you just want vertical mode, instead of horizontal?

Tried that, but not my cup of tea. I might have to run it for a little bit to get used to it though. Thanks for the suggestion.

#7 Diedrich OFFLINE  

Diedrich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:08 AM

That would make sense if computer monitors didn't come in 4k or 1440p. These people are SOL as well I guess.

I don't have either of those. Could you test desktop mode with a 27-32" 4K or 1440p monitor and report back?

#8 moonman OFFLINE  

moonman

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 04:09 PM

I don't have either of those. Could you test desktop mode with a 27-32" 4K or 1440p monitor and report back?

I did with 24" 1440p  and it's not too bad, though it is a lot smaller that my desktop for example. on a 4K it would be unusable though, but I don't have one to test.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users