Emby Theater Desktop mode doesn't scale

moonman

Maisy

It works great! Lovely on my 4K 49" desktop in desktop mode full screen or smaller windowed. Next I'll have to try it on my 13" doesn't scale in-betweener. 

The only thing that is still a problem in this build is how it won't maximize truly, it is draggable still.

This scaling though is superb! 💯

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Maisy

I'm still using the fixed ET for windows scaling, just wanted to show the 1 main visual problem: Words cut off on Edit images screen.

519467698_Screenshot(156).thumb.png.52c64127040e31d2e0e26268d37f8459.png

5 hours ago, Maisy said:

I'm still using the fixed ET for windows scaling, just wanted to show the 1 main visual problem: Words cut off on Edit images screen.

519467698_Screenshot(156).thumb.png.52c64127040e31d2e0e26268d37f8459.png

Thanks for reporting. We'll take a look.

• 2 months later...
moonman

The test version works great in terms of scaling, thank you. However in the test version downloaded from dropbox subtitles are now shown even though they are turned off in the CC menu. I have to go it to CC, enable anysubtitles, then turn them off, then they disappear.

16 hours ago, moonman said:

The test version works great in terms of scaling, thank you. However in the test version downloaded from dropbox subtitles are now shown even though they are turned off in the CC menu. I have to go it to CC, enable anysubtitles, then turn them off, then they disappear.

Strange. I don't see that in my testing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2021 at 12:58 PM, Luke said:

Strange. I don't see that in my testing.

Sorry it took me a while to get back here. I've tried several different video files, and it does not happen with all of them. But this is one of the files that it happens with: https://we.tl/t-DJxDRMn2Q3

generiq
29 minutes ago, Luke said:

@generiq are you able to reproduce?

Yes, but only with the libmpv renderer. Using the GPU renderer, it's fine. Something to add though, this is only with the test build and not with the current release.

5 hours ago, generiq said:

Yes, but only with the libmpv renderer. Using the GPU renderer, it's fine. Something to add though, this is only with the test build and not with the current release.

Are you referring to "Video output" setting under Settings -> Video? I tried both and same issue happens on both. It was initially set to auto.

Yes , it only happens with the test build.

Edited by moonman

generiq

An update, @moonmanis correct. When I first tested, with GPU I didn't have subs, but testing again, I can reproduce what he's said. The subs are initially activated with both renderers, and you have to cycle through then to disable them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

generiq

Ok, I think I figured this out. In the file headers, the subtitle track is marked as default...by default... Confusing? The track had no default header, so it defaults to yes. Adding the header and setting it no, the issue is no longer reproduced.

Like this;

No header

930087279_Screenshot2021-09-06155810.thumb.jpg.f7efa5df474bd4a6892eedfc19d8da64.jpg

With header

43756125_Screenshot2021-09-06155839.thumb.jpg.f862e55249b4f111cec53aeeb829f2aa.jpg

With no header, this is what happens

704085722_Screenshot2021-09-06160106.thumb.jpg.5bec02f6c00c6ea6ea4e7c54b4490d00.jpg

Edited by generiq

2 hours ago, generiq said:

So Theater is just obeying the default, and ignoring the UI settings

Yes it looks that way. Thanks.

Great! subtitles bug has been fixed. Thank you sir.

One minor issue, which is not a big deal, but I thought I would mention it anyway. In "stats for nerds" Display Fullscreen Resolution appears to be off. It does not look like it's that low of a resolution, nevertheless here is what it's showing on a 4k screen. My guess it's due to the introduction of scaling. Like I said it does not affect the functionality in any way.

image.png.330c0b34ece4f4a683ba77fca6456758.png

Edited by moonman

10 hours ago, generiq said:

That's old. It's been updated to provide what the actual scale is. @Luke don't remove it, just update mpv.

560041536_Screenshot2021-09-09224110.jpg.d6df86873018c7e22b75282b228e0e83.jpg

Yea but even still, I'm not sure it's really necessary to remind you what your own desktop resolution is.  As it is having to scroll due to so much info, it's not great, so anything that's not important that can be cut will help reduce that.