How Is ClearArt/Disc/Etc. Images used in Emby?

Oracle

Oracle

Hey all,

So, I've been curious about this for a while now, not sure if I am either missing something, or if it's not even implemented into the system.

Fanart.tv offers image types for clearart, character art, etc, as well as disc art.

How does Emby handle these? Where do they appear in Emby UI?

Emby supports them, but why if we can't see them?

Thanks.

- Arly

Oracle

In what fashion? Just curious is all.

I've never seen a use for them personally, but I may implement them if they look neat, or are used in a interesting way.

@@Luke

Edited by Arly (Sprinkles)

Oracle

We support downloading them but currently do not incorporate them into our displays.

Makes sense. Similar to the current standings with cbr/cbz or other comic archive file formats. Implemented, viewable, but not usable yet.

Happy2Play

In what fashion? Just curious is all.

I've never seen a use for them personally, but I may implement them if they look neat, or are used in a interesting way.

@@Luke

They can be use used on Boxsets with the CA plugin.  But you have the drawback if discs don't exist for the items.

5d61c438b2fa6_disc.jpg

Oracle

They can be use used on Boxsets with the CA plugin.  But you have the drawback if discs don't exist for the items.

5d61c438b2fa6_disc.jpg

Oh, didn't know Coverart provided that. Neat.

• 1 year later...
bling26

The disc image used to be used in the Media Center Emby (Media Browser) app. It was really neat, while you were on the movie of choice page, the disc would roll in and then randomly spin over the cover image. I miss that.

• Like 1