Photo

TV episodes not showing

TV episodes season

Best Answer Luke , 03 August 2019 - 02:43 PM

It's more likely that by renaming it was no longer associated with anything in the database related to the old paths. Thanks for the feedback. Let us know how you get on.

You said you came from a really old version and going from version 3 to version 4 there were some upgrade related issues with dvd folder structures. I'm afraid that given the very small audience for folder rips nowadays, ultimately these were left as-is and required manual fixing by removing and then re-adding to the library.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Taffer OFFLINE  

Taffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Local time: 11:15 AM
  • LocationPerth , Western Australia

Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:46 PM

What do you mean no metadata in one ? I can see a metadata folder in both shows season folders

The main difference that I can see is all the system files that are in the big bang folder

#22 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 16581 posts
  • Local time: 07:15 PM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:54 PM

What do you mean no metadata in one ? I can see a metadata folder in both shows season folders

The main difference that I can see is all the system files that are in the big bang folder

Emby does not use the Series metadata folder, unless your are using the xml metadata plugin as I assume the metadata in that folder is from MCM correct?  As all of your TBBT has nfo metadata and Babylon 5 does not.

I guess technically Emby can uses the series metadata folder with a hidden switch in the system.xml set to Legacy instead of Compatible for images.

Edited by Happy2Play, 02 August 2019 - 11:00 PM.

#23 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142429 posts
  • Local time: 10:15 PM

Posted 03 August 2019 - 02:14 AM

For the affected series, can you try moving them out of your library, running a full scan to flush them out of the database, and then adding them back?

#24 Taffer OFFLINE  

Taffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:56 AM

So I moved everything out went into the library tab and selected Scan all libraries and waited for that to finish

I then restarted emby

Once running again I put just the folder /season/series/vob files and made sure there was no images or metadata o anything like that

I then did the same scan all libraries and once again waited but still no good

So while in the libraries tab clicked on the three dots in the tv folder and selected scan library and selected scan for new and updated files and waited again

This time when i went in to the babylon 5 folder it showed 8 unviewed but only had the season 0 series listed

I tried the scan library  again this time selecting missing metadata but still just the season 0 folder is working

I did notice that the season 0 folder now has the nfo files in it but the other seasons do not

5d45940197eab_scrn8.jpg

Edited by Taffer, 03 August 2019 - 10:03 AM.

#25 Taffer OFFLINE  

Taffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 10:25 AM

I think i might have found a solution

I went back to basics and renamed the folder Babylon 5 (1993)

Putting the date on the end has fixed that folder so im now going to try that with the other ones that are not working

Ill let you know tomorrow how it went

#26 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142429 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 02:43 PM   Best Answer

It's more likely that by renaming it was no longer associated with anything in the database related to the old paths. Thanks for the feedback. Let us know how you get on.

You said you came from a really old version and going from version 3 to version 4 there were some upgrade related issues with dvd folder structures. I'm afraid that given the very small audience for folder rips nowadays, ultimately these were left as-is and required manual fixing by removing and then re-adding to the library.

• ebr likes this

#27 Taffer OFFLINE  

Taffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 10:18 PM

All working fine now but it was a bit of a process

Steps I took in the end to fix the problem

Rename each folder with the first aired date in brackets ie Lexx (1997)

That was not enough to fix everything so I went into each folder and deleted anything that was not a folder ie images or metadata all the way down to the Video_ts folder

I also deleted every metadata folder in each season

Ran a complete library scan and Emby picked up everything and created new nfos

:)

#28 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142429 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 11:19 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Apologies for the disruption.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TV episodes, season

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users