Photo

Android TV Emby app requires Emby Premiere?

Android BraviaTV Fees

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rbrown3 OFFLINE  

rbrown3

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 09:33 PM

Posted 21 July 2019 - 08:44 PM

I have a Bravia TV, which is an Android smart TV. I put an Emby app on this TV and was pretty impressed by its handling of my somewhat extensive movie collection.

I began to play one of my movies, and a very brief message came up telling me that I was in a "trial perid"and that iin August I would have to get a Premiere account in order to keep using the app.

While Premiere seems to have some nice features, I really do not want it. I do not need its features. I just need something to manage and play my movies.

Are there any alternatives to this pay app for an Android TV? Also: what other Emby clients require you to have Emby Premiere accounts???

Edited by rbrown3, 21 July 2019 - 08:49 PM.

#2 arrbee99 OFFLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2826 posts
  • Local time: 01:33 PM
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 21 July 2019 - 11:20 PM

Assuming this is up to date https://github.com/M...-Feature-Matrix and I'm looking at the right stuff, seems like you can just buy the app to play your own media but need Premiere if you want live tv.

#3 rbrown3 OFFLINE  

rbrown3

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 06:56 AM

Granted that is what it says on that page (I looked at that page before downloading Emby because I actually considered buying a premiere account when I first learned about Emby). That isn't what the Emby app says. 

The Emby app says it is a trial, and that in a few days I am going to need to buy a premiere account in order to have what it calls "unlimited play".It says this every time I play a movie with it.

What bothers me about it most is that usually when a company gives trial software it usually says that the software is trial on the website where you download it. The Emby app did not identify itself as trial software when I found it on Play.

No... the web page will not answer this question. It contradicts what the app says. I am going to need someone who knows Emby Premiere licensing to answer this one.

#4 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46041 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 10:03 AM

Hi.  There is also an unlock app option on the last row of the home screen if you only need playback in this app.

Also, the store description does clearly state the limitations (note the bolded text):

5d35c20dbe7be_storelisting.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Android, BraviaTV, Fees

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users