ROC v1.3.0.0 BETA now live

leedavies

GrotShot

Navigation improved. Can now exit MB. EHS not wrapping correctly as mentioned above. Still no jump to by pressing a letter - this did work at one point.

I also still have no clearart displayed for Movies by Genre or Music Albums on the EHS.

Dibbes

- As Grotshot says, still no navigation when pressing a letter

- ROC 1.4 seems to freeze randomly when scrolling first time through a movie collection larger than 150 titles. I have a feeling this is due to not being able to handle the clearart properly. The only way to unfreeze is closing MediaCenter completely and start again. It will then scroll past the title that it froze on before, loading the clearart.

EDIT: It seems the folder.jpg pictures are lowered in resolution

This has much improved. Keep it coming :)

Edited by Dibbes

leedavies

- As Grotshot says, still no navigation when pressing a letter

- ROC 1.4 seems to freeze randomly when scrolling first time through a movie collection larger than 150 titles. I have a feeling this is due to not being able to handle the clearart properly. The only way to unfreeze is closing MediaCenter completely and start again. It will then scroll past the title that it froze on before, loading the clearart.

EDIT: It seems the folder.jpg pictures are lowered in resolution

This has much improved. Keep it coming :)

Thanks for all the feedback.  EBR took all my products out of the store last week.  If you want them back, message him.

Thanks for all the feedback.  EBR took all my products out of the store last week.  If you want them back, message him.

I didn't touch any of your items.

leedavies

I didn't touch any of your items.

Apologies if I'm incorrect.  My bundles have disappeared from the store and from my list of packages in the admin tool.  I don't recall deleting them, so don't understand.  Any ideas?

Justabloke

Hello,

I installed the ROC theme over the weekend.

I really like the look and feel, if I'm honest scrolling through collections using the coverview, then the theme is very sluggish, taking considerable time display the correct information, rather than the information associated with the item I've just navigated away from. The spinny discs animation I really like but its very laggy as well.

The biggest issue is that when I hit the stop button, I'm dumped out of MB3 and back into WMC. I have confirmed that ROC is causing this behaviour because I have uninstalled it and the problem has gone away.

If you let me know what information you would like I'll do my best to provide.

Both MB Server and MB Classic  are up to date

Cheers

leedavies

Hello,

I installed the ROC theme over the weekend.

I really like the look and feel, if I'm honest scrolling through collections using the coverview, then the theme is very sluggish, taking considerable time display the correct information, rather than the information associated with the item I've just navigated away from. The spinny discs animation I really like but its very laggy as well.

The biggest issue is that when I hit the stop button, I'm dumped out of MB3 and back into WMC. I have confirmed that ROC is causing this behaviour because I have uninstalled it and the problem has gone away.

If you let me know what information you would like I'll do my best to provide.

Both MB Server and MB Classic  are up to date

Cheers

That's the first time I've heard about any issues using the stop button crashing out of WMC.  Is there anything logged in your Windows Event Log (in the Applications -> Media Center log) ?  Or anything in the WMC log file?

Re navigation in ROC feeling sluggish, ROC is a visually-intensive theme.  What hardware specs are you running (CPU, RAM, video card etc)?  Do you have the correct/latest video card drivers installed?  It's worth checking this info to start with.  Interested to hear and dig in more detail.

That's the first time I've heard about any issues using the stop button crashing out of WMC.  Is there anything logged in your Windows Event Log (in the Applications -> Media Center log) ?  Or anything in the WMC log file?

I assume this is exactly the same problem reported by others (and yourself) where MBC crashes after playback with one of your themes.  See here.  There is an event log error in that thread that points to your utility mcml file.

leedavies

I assume this is exactly the same problem reported by others (and yourself) where MBC crashes after playback with one of your themes.  See here.  There is an event log error in that thread that points to your utility mcml file.

That's an Xbox extender specific issue and there was no mention of Xbox in the post above.  Could be though.  @@Justabloke ?

That's an Xbox extender specific issue and there was no mention of Xbox in the post above.  Could be though.  @@Justabloke ?

Read a couple posts down from where I linked you.  There is a report of someone having the issue not on an extender and he provides a windows event log error.

leedavies

Read a couple posts down from where I linked you.  There is a report of someone having the issue not on an extender and he provides a windows event log error.

Yes, I saw that.  I just posted an update in the thread.  Thanks for linking that one - it is a strange issue.

teekyoo

Updated ROC beta coming shortly with EHS navigation improvements.

Is this the only part being updated?  If it's going to be one thing, it seems like you'd get more bang for the buck with the navigation limitations.  I would think most people have a fairly limited number of items on their EHS page to navigate, but cycling through a 1,000+ item collection without jump-to-letter or page-skip navigation options is much more cumbersome.

Another quick question:  did the V-shaped coverflow go away (like what shows up in the beginning of the demonstration video)?  Mine is looking very flat, and it's not clear to me that there's a configuration option to adjust this.

Thanks!

leedavies

Is this the only part being updated?  If it's going to be one thing, it seems like you'd get more bang for the buck with the navigation limitations.  I would think most people have a fairly limited number of items on their EHS page to navigate, but cycling through a 1,000+ item collection without jump-to-letter or page-skip navigation options is much more cumbersome.

Another quick question:  did the V-shaped coverflow go away (like what shows up in the beginning of the demonstration video)?  Mine is looking very flat, and it's not clear to me that there's a configuration option to adjust this.

Thanks!

Good point on the curved coverflow scroller.  Check out v1.4.3.0 - it's back.