ROC v1.3.0.0 BETA now live

leedavies

My specific question was directed at whomever was posting a dll that supposedly worked the best.  What version is that dll?

Nothing prior to 1.2.2.0 is available at this moment.

mariors44

My specific question was directed at whomever was posting a dll that supposedly worked the best.  What version is that dll?

Nothing prior to 1.2.2.0 is available at this moment.

Okay, well that version is what anyone that has their plug-in update level set to "Release" will get.

Dibbes

Okay, well that version is what anyone that has their plug-in update level set to "Release" will get.

For me the various issues started with 1.2.0.0... I'll check what the version level is of the posted .dll though. Edited by Dibbes

mariors44

Teekyoo, I think you are correct about version 1.1.0 I think that was when thumb view was added in detail view.

mariors44

Ebr, that is the release version but it still has major navigation issues (jerky jumps around) the only view for me that works pretty good is detail view. A Release version should mean bugs have been worked out.

At least in my opinion.

Ebr, that is the release version but it still has major navigation issues (jerky jumps around) the only view for me that works pretty good is detail view. A Release version should mean bugs have been worked out.

At least in my opinion.

I agree.  I was just trying to determine which version was the "good" one so that we could make it available at release.  There appears to be conflicting opinions on this as some said that version was good.

There are no versions prior to 1.2.0 available.

• 1 month later...
Deihmos

This version seems to work a lot better than the previous. The scrolling is no longer jerky and recent item list loads instantly on the EHS. So far no issues.

Deihmos

I have encountered a couple of deal breakers.

1. There is no way to exit mediabrowser with the theme.

2. There is a weird scrolling issue where it sometimes skips and sticks.

Edited by Deihmos

Tbone

I'm having the same issues! I also understand what a beta release is, I only installed the beta as nothing else worked! Each update it gets worse! Saved by chocolate! : ( Have spent many frustrating hours tinkering with no results. I wish i could tell you the last update number that worked, but its been a while now. Please help roc looks great.

GrotShot

Also video theme backdrops is not working no matter how i try.

I got these working correctly by disabling the playback options in the ROC theme and installing the ThemeVideo Backdrops plugin which then should work on all themes.

• Like 1

Tbone

Thanks GrotShot,

I did that & had no luck, also tried vice versa and any combo I could find with various success but in the end no correct operation.

GrotShot

Thanks GrotShot,

I did that & had no luck, also tried vice versa and any combo I could find with various success but in the end no correct operation.

Did you configure the ThemeVideo Backdrops plugin via the MB configurator?

mariors44

Tbone, If have any of lee's themes installed go into configurator for those themes and uncheck theme music and video.

I too installed the free theme video backdrops plug in and had to uncheck those items in order for plug in to work.

If you are using chocolate and you want video backdrops their is a option that needs to be checked in order for to work. (in chocolate settings.)

I don't know about video backdrops but for theme music the whole folder must be hidden (folder would be theme-music inside the folder is theme.mp3) 

Yeah, I tried all the available options there, none had it working as it should, mostly wallpaper backdrops with audio until you back out of folder then go back in to get background video. I read forums, tried everything I found and anything I could think might do the trick with no luck, but every time chocolate would work (I know it takes slightly different settings, but it always works).

At the end of the day it shouldn't be that hard. It's a bit disappointing, specially as it cost cash and doesn't offer all that even free themes do.

I don't mean to be too critical, I can see people have put in a lot of hard work on these themes, I love 'em and the outlay isn't a lot, I'm not mad just a bit disappointed 'coz I had a little taste of something great and now I cant have it : ( and it was working well for a while there, for me at least!?

Anyway thanks for the offers of help, keep up the good work & I'm keen to see what they come up with in the near future!

Hi mariors44,

I Just saw your post, I'm pretty sure I've given that a go, I'll have another play on the weekend, I've spent a lot of time with it already though. Its hard to list all the installs, uninstalls and reconfigurations of settings I've tried. I'm close to the too hard basket stage now. Thanks for the help.

Have had same problem...

removed roc and videotheme plugins.

install theme plugin and now it works

hope it works for you as well

leedavies

Have had same problem...

removed roc and videotheme plugins.

install theme plugin and now it works

hope it works for you as well

Updates of ROC and Breeze are coming this weekend.  The video backdrops functionality isn't needed in themes now we've got a free video backdrops plugin and it's being removed from ROC etc to avoid any conflicts.

Other improvements for animation smoothness and the navigation issues included too.  More over the weekend.

leedavies

ROC v1.4.0.0 BETA is now available for download.  I'm interested to hear feedback on how you guys find the navigation in this new build.

A Breeze beta should be up this evening or early tomorrow.

buddyweiser

ROC v1.4.0.0 BETA is now available for download.  I'm interested to hear feedback on how you guys find the navigation in this new build.

A Breeze beta should be up this evening or early tomorrow.

Navigation definitely is improved, and a big thanks for adding the exit!

Could you possibly include a change log, so that the aspects of the theme that have been changed can be specifically tested?

Bug I've found- When scrolling to the end of the EHS, if you keep going right, instead of the focus returning to the first library in the EHS, it jumps past the first 3 and lands on the 4th library listed on the EHS.

Yogi

Navigation definitely is improved, and a big thanks for adding the exit!

Could you possibly include a change log, so that the aspects of the theme that have been changed can be specifically tested?

Bug I've found- When scrolling to the end of the EHS, if you keep going right, instead of the focus returning to the first library in the EHS, it jumps past the first 3 and lands on the 4th library listed on the EHS.

Yep same happens with the EHS for me as well.

Speed and navigation has definitely improved for the better and is up to par with all the other themes in the catalogue.

I was one that has been critical of the problems in your themes and I will also give credit where credit is due.

Well done on a big improvement over the previous versions.

leedavies

Yep same happens with the EHS for me as well.

Speed and navigation has definitely improved for the better and is up to par with all the other themes in the catalogue.

I was one that has been critical of the problems in your themes and I will also give credit where credit is due.

Well done on a big improvement over the previous versions.

I'm really glad to hear you're seeing better navigation in this beta.  Sorting the EHS issue now - I wanted to get a beta out as promised and will have an update shortly for the EHS left/right jumping.

amadeo36

THANKS A LOT!!! lee for this new update. At last, ROC is usable again.

I can use my favorite theme and enjoy Media Browser experience.

Hope no more problems in the future :D