Jump to content

Cast & Crew Info and images missing on 50%-70% of my media


denzoid
 Share

Recommended Posts

denzoid

A couple weeks ago I noticed a bunch of missing cast and crew data completely missing on a bunch of newly added movies. I figured it might just be some temporary glitch so I manually selected "refresh metadata" which did not retrieve the cast and crew so I selected "Identify" and that did add the cast and crew info. A week or so later I looked at a few of the movies I "identified" and the cast and crew were missing again. I looked at my settings and thought I would try UN-checking the option "Automatically refresh metadata from the internet" AFTER I manually updated the titles missing cast and crew. It's a week later and the same titles are missing cast and crew again. Upon further inspection many (70-80%) of my movies are missing cast and crew and it seems all the new titles I have added in the last 1-2 weeks are missing cast and crew. A day or two ago I "identified" a few titles and then chose "Lock this item to prevent further changes" from the edit metadata section, so far those titles have retained their cast and crew data. Any ideas/suggestions? I have thousands of movies and would like to find a way to correct this other than manually going through every title. Any ideas? Log attached.

Edited by denzoid
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, try refreshing metadata on the media that contains the actors.

 

If you have locked metadata or disabled internet metadata features then this could be causing this.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
Attidudinal

Ya know, I have been having the same issue and when I go to look for an answer -  a SOLUTION to the problem of MULTIPLE MISSING ACTORS for NEW MOVIES ADDED that has been going on for SO LONG that they are now OLD movies...

What I find is the fact that THIS ISSUE (of program dysfunction) has been going on (according to postings on the forum) since 2015 (at least) AND HAS YET TO BE FIXED!

Yea, I've tried all the suggestions - such as the one above; NO IT DOES NOT WORK.  Neither does a refresh of people (a scheduled task).

The ONLY thing that has worked is the INDIVIDUAL DOWNLOAD OF EACH AND EVERY MISSING CAST MEMBER ON A MANUAL, repeat MANUAL BASIS (so much for automation).

So, I guess the BIG QUESTION is WHEN IS EMBY GOING TO FIX THE PROBLEM (as in FIX the programming) THAT HAS BEEN DEFECTIVE FOR YEARS ON END?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

denzoid
On 7/4/2019 at 7:45 PM, Luke said:

Hi, try refreshing metadata on the media that contains the actors.

 

If you have locked metadata or disabled internet metadata features then this could be causing this.

If you read my post that is exactly what I did, and the actor info did not populate. Again, if you read my post I locked the metadata AFTER I had to select "Identify" to get the actor info to populate. Sorry if I sound bitchy but I did write as detailed an explanation as I could so as to get specific recommendations on what I might try to do to get things working correctly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Attidudinal said:

Ya know, I have been having the same issue and when I go to look for an answer -  a SOLUTION to the problem of MULTIPLE MISSING ACTORS for NEW MOVIES ADDED that has been going on for SO LONG that they are now OLD movies...

What I find is the fact that THIS ISSUE (of program dysfunction) has been going on (according to postings on the forum) since 2015 (at least) AND HAS YET TO BE FIXED!

Yea, I've tried all the suggestions - such as the one above; NO IT DOES NOT WORK.  Neither does a refresh of people (a scheduled task).

The ONLY thing that has worked is the INDIVIDUAL DOWNLOAD OF EACH AND EVERY MISSING CAST MEMBER ON A MANUAL, repeat MANUAL BASIS (so much for automation).

So, I guess the BIG QUESTION is WHEN IS EMBY GOING TO FIX THE PROBLEM (as in FIX the programming) THAT HAS BEEN DEFECTIVE FOR YEARS ON END?

 

Hi, we'd have to look at an example, but the method I suggested works just fine in my testing. Please see how to report a problem. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...
jvip

Hi, is there a sulution for this problem? I have the same problem. :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jvip said:

Hi, is there a sulution for this problem? I have the same problem. :(

Hi, We would need to go over specifics as usually this is something to do with a configuration issue of some kind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jvip said:

Hi, is there a sulution for this problem? I have the same problem. :(

Hi, yes can you please go over an example? You can also try refreshing the metadata on one of these titles and see if that helps pull in that information. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...