Access Live TV without setting up own server

Biju 247
Go to solution Solved by mark-in-dallas,

Biju 247

Hi Team,

Can I have a live tv account without setting up own emby server. I did register with emby but not received any emails and am not  sure how to proceed.

Thank you!

mastrmind11

Hi Team,

Can I have a live tv account without setting up own emby server. I did register with emby but not received any emails and am not  sure how to proceed.

Thank you!

You need a server to connect to, so whether that's something you set up, or know someone that has one set up.

• Like 1

Biju 247

Thanks for sharing the wiki, 

As per the wiki: The server is only required by people wanting to host their own media collection

I am not planning to set up my own media library, so any idea how to get login credentials supplied by the Emby server administrator, for accessing the Live TV ?

• Solution
mark-in-dallas

You cannot get Live TV without an Emby Premiere Subscription, and I believe that you have to have the server installed to enter the subscription key.  Beyond that, to get Live TV you need to have a source and a tuner, such as a TV Antenna and an HD Homerun.

• Like 1

As per the wiki: The server is only required by people wanting to host their own media collection

Sounds like maybe we need to re-word that.

Thanks.

• Like 1

ErikaJ

Good Day...Actually the wording is correct @@ebr. In fact, you do not have to have Emby Premiere in order to watch Live TV. There are plenty service providers using Emby as their media hosting tool and they provide all the media including Live TV. Of course there is a monthly cost for their service. Just an FYI...Cheers...

• 4 weeks later...