• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alfablac OFFLINE  

alfablac

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Local time: 08:12 PM

Posted 26 June 2019 - 09:37 PM

I searched, and despite finding many topics revolving around custom subtitle positioning I'm here to ask about to at least add a hardcoded option to position it within the video frame. I suspect this wouldn't work well with remuxes but with other encodes (where the video frame is filled with the image) this could be useful. I know Plex do this, but they burn subtitles on video to make it work. Is it possible to get some sort of setting on Emby that does this as well? Like, for 1.85:1 videos, the subtitle goes over the border with the top line inside the video frame and the bottom line above the video frame.

This happens on Android, Android TV and Chrome Web App.

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 135734 posts
  • Local time: 04:12 PM

Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:44 PM

Hi,  you're saying you really want to pay the cost of burning in subtitles on the fly just for this?

#3 alfablac OFFLINE  

alfablac

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Local time: 08:12 PM

Posted 27 June 2019 - 07:58 AM

oh. Forgot to add this detail. It would be dumb to ask indeed for the cases the video directly plays.

f the video needs to be transcoded, it would be interesting to have an option to burn subtitles within the video frame.

Transcoding is often necessary due to compatibility issues when using Android or Android + Chromecast and in the Chrome web app.

On the Android TV I would be happy to have just the subtitle positioning option. lol

Edited by alfablac, 27 June 2019 - 08:00 AM.

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 135734 posts
  • Local time: 04:12 PM

Posted 04 July 2019 - 11:53 PM

OK I see what you're saying. Yes it's possible for the future. Thanks for the feedback.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: subtitle, position, android, androidtv, chrome, webapp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users