Subtitles would not auto download

cyl

I am trying to have Emby always automatically download subtitles even if video already contains embedded subtitles, but it is not happening automatically.

Would anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Here are what I know

• Automatic subtitle download is working. I observe another video in the same folder having subtitles downloaded automatically
  • Settings
    5d0b00dbf3b11_subtitlessettings.png
  • File is mkv format
  • Playing the file does show English (Default SUBRIP) in CC
  • No subtitle file is saved in folder for that video, even though the option to skip if embedded is unchecked
  • Manually going to the video Edit Subtitles options with require a hash match does come up with Hash match results
  • I can manually download the subtitle, and observe the subtitle file in the folder
  • I tried turning debugging log on, and running the scheduled download missing subtitle job, but I did not see any useful log

Hi, we're preparing a wiki article that will step you through this because it comes up frequently.

But if the manual search produces nothing then i would check your server log because possible you may just have connection problems to the subtitle websites.

You did fill in your open subtitles credentials, right?

Yep. Filled it with credential.

Also, manual search produces exact hash match.

Manual search also allows me to pick one and it'll download it to the folder.

Then you probably just need to wait and allow the subtitle scheduled task to run.

Your movies will need to be tagged with an Imdb id in Emby, unless they are a perfect hash match for open subtitles. Have you checked on this?