Photo

I need help with password

password

Best Answer jex01 , 20 June 2019 - 10:21 AM

My windows updated day before, and firewall blocked my incoming and outgoing connections... I don't know why. But after updated was messed up everything. Stupid win. Anyway this is the solution.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 citi OFFLINE  

citi

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 01:55 PM

Posted 14 June 2019 - 10:57 PM

hello, wondering if anyone could help me, about password. when I'm open emby app on my nvidia shield asking me my own password, before I open my own sever, I do using hard wired connection, with win10 pc for server, everything is working fine. but would like to remove the password which is pretty annoying. each time to type the password in..

Edited by citi, 14 June 2019 - 10:59 PM.

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 146119 posts
  • Local time: 03:55 PM

Posted 14 June 2019 - 11:01 PM

Hi there, have you gone into the settings for the Shield app where you can customize this behavior?

#3 citi OFFLINE  

citi

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 12:08 AM

no not ye can you tell me where I can set it.?

#4 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 48988 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:56 AM

Hi.  Please go to the last row on the home screen and select the Settings tile.  Then let us know if you cannot find it.

Thanks.

(although, this is curious because the default for the app on install is to remember last user...)

#5 jex01 OFFLINE  

jex01

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:06 AM

I did made new server from scratch, because my windows did update, and blocked my all incoming and out, traffic in the firewall, so when I realized I did new server already, so on from now ask me stupid password each time.could you explain little bit more detail what I have to do in the settings on my Nvida shield or windows settings, or emby settings which one ?

#6 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 48988 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:12 AM

Please explain exactly how you are logging in on the Shield.  This is starting to sound like maybe it is trying to connect to the old server and failing so then asking you to login at which point you pick the proper server.

If that is the case, you should be able to go into the app settings (as I explained above) and change the login option to "show login screen" and then go right back into that option and change it to either "Remember user" or "Login to this user" - whichever you want - and it should then remember your new server.

#7 jex01 OFFLINE  

jex01

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:42 AM

It does not remember my previously username it's weird, the entire app is confusing guys, it shouldn't be happened. I cannot use my previously username and password! I don't know why but only this Emby app give me headache everything is working fine.

#8 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 48988 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 11:11 AM

Hi.  Can you please do this?

Please explain exactly how you are logging in on the Shield. 

#9 jex01 OFFLINE  

jex01

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 11:15 AM

I will give it a try and let you know thx.

#10 jex01 OFFLINE  

jex01

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 07:56 PM

Ok here's my problem, listen because I'm not gonna explain my issue over and over. I have nvidia shield installed Emby, when I'm open my own server, I can't open with out entering my stupid password which is noing, if I entered my password I can login. But I want to turn off this stupid thinks Got it.? Now I can't do anything on nvidia shield in the settings !!! Nothing. When I open settings on nvidia shield (emby settings) I have this,
Startup,
Home screen layout,
General display,
Playback,
Sub/audio defaults.
That's all so I went to start up and unchecked prompt for password. And I also cleared data and did pin login with my other previously emby account, and does take me back to the new account. So I'm ending up with where I started 😅🤣 asking me password again.

#11 jex01 OFFLINE  

jex01

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:19 PM

Ok anyway I figured out already thanks..

#12 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 146119 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:16 PM

@jex01 thanks for the feedback. What was your solution?

#13 jex01 OFFLINE  

jex01

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:21 AM   Best Answer

My windows updated day before, and firewall blocked my incoming and outgoing connections... I don't know why. But after updated was messed up everything. Stupid win. Anyway this is the solution.

• ebr likes this

#14 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 146119 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 12:55 PM

Thanks for the info !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: password

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users