Telemby - Emby Telegram Bot

matty87a

Pog22

This is really good, I'm impressed. It's something I will use for instant commands and Telegram is the only instant messenger I use these days. You should also add an command option to restart Emby.

matty87a

Funny you should say that, it's already in the code I just forgot to add it to the help text as it's literally a fire and forget atm.

Try /restartserver and it should work already.

There's no status polling or anything though so it will be a case of waiting and firing /status a few times till it comes back.

• 4 weeks later...
dual-o

Hello,

is there a way to install the plugin without docker?

I would like to have my debian server as clean as possible

• Like 1

matty87a

Hello,

yup of course you can, although I'd argue that the container would keep it cleaner to be honest.

You'll need to install Python3.

Then install the requirements at https://github.com/matty87a/telemby/blob/master/src/requirements.txt via pip3.

Once that's done you can set up the config and run the .py file (both located here: https://github.com/matty87a/telemby/tree/master/app)

It may also be worth wrapping the .py file in a systemd file for easier process management - e.g: https://tecadmin.net/setup-autorun-python-script-using-systemd/

Hope that helps!

Pog22

Hello,

Sorry OT

I don't think there's a cleaner way to do software than docker containers and docker-compose. I have about 20 containers on my dedi server. The docker host only has docker installed (and an rclone gsuite mount) no other software and because the software is all in containers it is completely OS neutral and can be easily moved to another host (move from linux to windows even) by just moving the config volumes and running docker-compose on the new host

Edited by Pog22

matty87a

Very cool, how do I install on windows? Can you help me?

Hi,

I'm not a windows user, but I'm fairly sure you can just use the same docker image?

matty87a

Is there any way i could get this to post the output from /status to a channel on a daily schedule?

Hi,

For that the easiest thing would be a cron job firing a simplified script, knocked one up for you:

script: https://github.com/matty87a/telemby/blob/master/send_status.py

rough guide: https://github.com/matty87a/telemby/blob/master/SEND_STATUS.md

It's a bit rough around the edges as I've only just put it together, so your mileage may vary.

Afraid I won't be able to help too much with it outside of the above, but its worked fine for me when I've tested it. 

Hope it helps!

Pog22

Hi,

For that the easiest thing would be a cron job firing a simplified script, knocked one up for you:

script: https://github.com/matty87a/telemby/blob/master/send_status.py

rough guide: https://github.com/matty87a/telemby/blob/master/SEND_STATUS.md

It's a bit rough around the edges as I've only just put it together, so your mileage may vary.

Afraid I won't be able to help too much with it outside of the above, but its worked fine for me when I've tested it.

Hope it helps!

That is super thanks.

Pog22

Ah, I have this working many thanks, but I'd like the info at the end of status movies episodes etc. sorry for being a right pain  :D

matty87a

Ah, I have this working many thanks, but I'd like the info at the end of status movies episodes etc. sorry for being a right pain  :D

updated the script - while i was there I managed to remove the guide but i'll add that back at some point in case anyone else needs it.

https://github.com/matty87a/telemby/blob/master/send_status.py

If anything else needs adding in you'll have to adapt it from the main bot scripts  ;)

Edited by matty87a

• 1 year later...
matt4542

Does anyone know if this still works?

2020-12-09 06:25:51,429 - telegram.bot - DEBUG - Entering: get_updates          
2020-12-09 06:25:51,429 - telegram.vendor.ptb_urllib3.urllib3.connectionpool - D
EBUG - Starting new HTTPS connection (4): api.telegram.org                      
2020-12-09 06:25:56,630 - telegram.ext.updater - DEBUG - Timed out getting Updat
es: Timed out                                                                   
2020-12-09 06:25:56,630 - telegram.bot - DEBUG - Entering: get_updates          
2020-12-09 06:25:56,631 - telegram.vendor.ptb_urllib3.urllib3.connectionpool - D
EBUG - Starting new HTTPS connection (5): api.telegram.org                      
2020-12-09 06:26:01,835 - telegram.ext.updater - DEBUG - Timed out getting Updat
2020-12-09 06:26:01,835 - telegram.bot - DEBUG - Entering: get_updates          
2020-12-09 06:26:01,835 - telegram.vendor.ptb_urllib3.urllib3.connectionpool - D
EBUG - Starting new HTTPS connection (6): api.telegram.org                      
2020-12-09 06:26:07,034 - telegram.ext.updater - DEBUG - Timed out getting Updat
2020-12-09 06:26:07,034 - telegram.bot - DEBUG - Entering: get_updates          
2020-12-09 06:26:07,034 - telegram.vendor.ptb_urllib3.urllib3.connectionpool - D
EBUG - Starting new HTTPS connection (7): api.telegram.org                      
2020-12-09 06:26:12,241 - telegram.ext.updater - DEBUG - Timed out getting Updat
2020-12-09 06:26:12,241 - telegram.bot - DEBUG - Entering: get_updates          
2020-12-09 06:26:12,242 - telegram.vendor.ptb_urllib3.urllib3.connectionpool - D
EBUG - Starting new HTTPS connection (8): api.telegram.org        

Never properly starts

Edited by matt4542

• 1 month later...
matty87a

@matt4542

My container has been running (with auto restarts) pretty much constantly for a while, the current has been up for 2 weeks and, having just checked, i'm seeing the same error in my docker logs - but the actual bot and telegram commands are working fine still for me.

I dont currently have time to work on this, but the log entries may be a red herring as ive been able to use all bot commands fine when I have tested today.

Prfilmes
I installed the Plugin, but I am still unable to receive notifications of releases by telegrams of the posted files.
 This plugin does this, we have some manual, or video for these details.
 I thank you and your work is very good
Edited by Prfilmes

On 1/23/2021 at 12:42 PM, Prfilmes said:

I installed the Plugin, but I am still unable to receive notifications of releases by telegrams of the posted files.
 This plugin does this, we have some manual, or video for these details.
 I thank you and your work is very good

Hi, did you configure the plugin?

• 2 months later...
Przemek

Hello, I don't want to install docker, is there another way to get notifications from Emby to telegram group? I see there're two Telemby bots in Telegram. Can anyone use them? Is this safe?

Regards.

matty87a

I think this has become a little confused with the in built telegram notifications that are now available as standard.

The telemby docker image I created a while back  is for interacting with your Emby installation via telegram - rather than receiving notifications from emby for new media etc.

The telwmby bots you see on telegram are likely bots other people have created for use with my container, however the bot only works with the specified chat I'd and api token so these will be no use to you.

If you need help with notifications from the core emby server I'd suggest checking other topics or raising a new one if none are suitable - this does not require a separate docker container.

Or, for the Telemby container I set up, if you would like to run this outside of docker then all the code is in the github repo which you can run directly via python.

Przemek

Thanks for answer but I don't understand that docker installation and I will search for some other way. I'm looking for a way to share notifications from my Radarrbot to my friends channel in telegram or maybe it will be possible to share pushbullet notifications from Emby to Telegram chat.

Regards.

• 3 weeks later...