177 replies to this topic

#141 emveepee OFFLINE  

emveepee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Local time: 08:07 PM

Posted 24 October 2019 - 07:31 PM

It is all likely related to the fact that  plugins use the pseudo series_md5(name) logic and that gets confused when series/episodes are added.  When I change the code to add S/E in front of the episode name and also don't provide the s/e info I get each single recording. 

Martin

Attached Files

Edited by emveepee, 24 October 2019 - 07:32 PM.

#142 emveepee OFFLINE  

emveepee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 06:01 PM

Luke any thoughts on this?  If I have to turn off the support for S/E and fake it I will, but if I can avoid having to do that I feel that is better.

Martin

#143 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156920 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 12:32 AM

I've never checked recordings under live tv...
I think the problem is Emby expects episodes to be in a season folder, not a general folder.
But if i use ChannelFolderType.Season then i get no episode recordings at all. This is another bug i've also reported here:
https://emby.media/c...tiple-problems/ although the bug exists already much longer.

It's never setting the SeasonId internally, that could be why. I'll fix that for the next beta update.

#144 emveepee OFFLINE  

emveepee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 05:29 PM

What about with shows that don't have a season/episode numbers?  I just noticed I am getting two entries for each of these for World Series recordings this past week.  I do still follow this https://emby.media/c...pg/#entry239633 and set isSeries to true but the values of season/episode should be nulls.

Martin

#145 pünktchen OFFLINE  

pünktchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2524 posts
  • Local time: 02:07 AM

Posted 01 November 2019 - 07:13 PM

Provided we can use now ChannelItemType.Series and ChannelItemType.Season with season and episode numbers then only use this when your recordings have those numbers. Otherwise just group them with ChannelItemType.Folder. and set them to ChannelMediaContentType.Clip.

#146 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156920 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 07:21 PM

It shouldn't matter whether they have episode numbers, but yes they would need at least season numbers.

#147 emveepee OFFLINE  

emveepee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 10:25 AM

Provided we can use now ChannelItemType.Series and ChannelItemType.Season with season and episode numbers then only use this when your recordings have those numbers. Otherwise just group them with ChannelItemType.Folder. and set them to ChannelMediaContentType.Clip.

Thanks that solved the problem with the duplicates.    I am wondering in the MP code there is this https://github.com/M...hannel.cs#L429 which is similar to NextPVR code.  Should that be changed to series?

Martin

#148 pünktchen OFFLINE  

pünktchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2524 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 10:48 AM

Thanks that solved the problem with the duplicates. I am wondering in the MP code there is this https://github.com/M...hannel.cs#L429 which is similar to NextPVR code. Should that be changed to series?

Martin

If it's working now with new Emby beta, then yes.
I can't remember if it's ItemType or FolderType that holds the Series and Season property.
Anyway the MediaPortal code needs really some updates, but i'm too lazy. And as long as nobody complains, there's no need for me to solve problems.
  • Spaceboy likes this

#149 pünktchen OFFLINE  

pünktchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2524 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 06:33 PM

It's never setting the SeasonId internally, that could be why. I'll fix that for the next beta update.

Emby beta 4.3.0.19:

ChannelFolderType.Series
|__ChannelFolderType.Season
   |__ChannelMediaContentType.Episode

-> Ends up with empty season folders

ChannelFolderType.Series
|__ChannelMediaContentType.Episode

-> Ends up with empty series folders after a library scan

What's really scary is that Emby creates virtual season folders and deletes them right after that and also calls the recording delete method of the live tvplugin to do this!!!

Attached Files

#150 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156920 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 01:32 AM

yea I apologize but I've just never gone through implementing this with channel plugins. The existing next pvr plugin just sends back a flat list of recordings, and I realize it's not as feature rich, but it does work and allow you to play your recordings. I will look at supporting these more complex structures when I can.

#151 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1368 posts
  • Local time: 05:07 PM
  • LocationTucson, Arizona

Posted 07 November 2019 - 12:53 PM

Quick question.

Is there just the one NextPVR plugin for v4 and v5?

I am thinking of trying v5 to replace v4 which I have been using successfully for quite a while now.

I did notice the dll. So I will install that as well.

Edited by dcol, 07 November 2019 - 12:56 PM.

#152 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1368 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:05 PM

Actually all I needed to do was copy the LiveTV.Plugins.NextPvr.dll to \programdata\plugins folder, restart Emby, and it showed up as a plugin.

#153 emveepee OFFLINE  

emveepee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 05:48 PM

Yes that it is the instruction post #13 but I will make it clearer in post #1.

Martin

#154 FrAllard OFFLINE  

FrAllard

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 10:01 PM

I have NextPVR v5 running in a docker, everything goes according to plan from this ang;e. The plugin in Emby though I think I have a problem with. First of all, when trying to listen to something that is recording but not finish, I somehow only have access to what is recorded at the moment I start listening.

When I playback the now finished recording I can see that Emby pulls a url http://NextPVR.ip.ad...?recording=1065. It's not live anymore, I'm wondering. Oh and even though the recording is finished I still only have access to 12 minutes of the video. The .ts that was recorded is 34 minutes though. (2 minutes before and after)

When I try to listen to the video from Emby many times I get a "Unable to seek", when I tried the same url in VLC I wasn't able to seek either. What I'm I missing I'm pretty sure I should be able to listen to a recording while it's being recorded and skip forward until I reach live tv... 

#155 emveepee OFFLINE  

emveepee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 10:19 PM

I suggest it is this issue https://emby.media/c...ed/#entry829100 and I have not idea if the Emby devs are considering fixing it for PVR addons.

It is not a NextPVR issue you should be able to play the recording in progress just fine with Kodi using the recent version of pvr addon.

Martin

Edited by emveepee, 13 January 2020 - 10:21 PM.

#156 emveepee OFFLINE  

emveepee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 02:14 PM

I have update post#1 with a new version that uses a new 5.0.3 API for getting art which should greatly reduce the chance of duplicate calls being made for the same artwork.

Martin

#157 arrbee99 ONLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3581 posts
  • Local time: 12:07 PM
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 April 2020 - 07:54 PM

All seems hunky dory so far. Even though its updated its still 3.5.3 ?

#158 emveepee OFFLINE  

emveepee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 08:19 PM

Good point those are hard coded, I will change that

Martin

#159 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1368 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 12:48 PM

Is the new dll fully compatible with NextPVR v4 or should I upgrade to v5? Finally got the plugin working and have some questions

Is there an explanation somewhere about the plugin settings for 'Series Recording Default' and 'Default to New Episodes Only'

I noticed a new item in 'My Media' which is 'NextPVR Recordings'. How is this different than where I send the current recordings set in the NPVR settings? It looks like there is a separation now in Emby's own recordings from NPVR's. In the past I ran NPVR on a separate system in it's own Emby server. Can we now run both concurrently recording the same shows at the same time from different IPTV providers. If so, I have been waiting for this ability for a long time. I could get rid of the Emby/NPVR server.

Ideally here is what I would like to do. Setup the normal IPTV channels in Emby LiveTV and have the guide reflect those channels and record to a TV Show library. Then at the same time, have NPVR record the same shows from a different IPTV provider that show up in the 'NextPVR Recordings' and not be reflected in the Emby guide or TV Show library. All the NPVR recordings are done via the NPVR guide. This is sort of what I do now using two Emby servers. Is this possible now using one Emby server?

Edited by dcol, 18 April 2020 - 01:33 PM.

#160 emveepee OFFLINE  

emveepee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 01:23 PM

It is not compatible with v4.   You should be upgrading to v5 now that it has a been formally released from beta..  The Emby plugin is much more efficient at loading the guide, loading recordings and loads recording updates as they occur.  I am just waiting for Luke to help prepare github for a PR to get this into official status.

No documentation but the option should be pretty clear to NextPVR users. The drop down gives you four options which determine what happens when you click Record Series in Emby.  The Default to New tick box means only record only new episodes of those the series recordings.  This is based on whether or not your EPG source has this flag.

Martin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users