NextPVR v5 Emby plugin

emveepee

emveepee

Sorry my message might be confusing, I will follow up with technical details on the NextPVR forum.

Martin

arrbee99

Think I mentioned before, but compliments to emveepee and sub for the plugin and v5, watched about an hour of iptv on the Shield this morning (lots waffling about 'close but we lost' and cricket) and it was great, no stutters or anything. Never worked on v4, always stopped after about a minute or two.

• 3 weeks later...
MrGrymReaper

How about depending on the terms of service involving TheTvDB, Fanart.Tv and The Movie Datatabase, utilising their data sources for the artwork where possible? For the other uses using an EPG source which doesn't come with the artwork.

How about depending on the terms of service involving TheTvDB, Fanart.Tv and The Movie Datatabase, utilising their data sources for the artwork where possible? For the other uses using an EPG source which doesn't come with the artwork.

Are you asking about emby doing that, or next pvr?

emveepee

NextPVR does use those alternate sources if you have them enabled in NextPVR.  The issue is related to the Emby What's On feature which displays links to lots and lots of shows that aren't well supported on those sites (e.g. sports, documentaries, local shows, news) and this results in lots of misses and so there  of blank boxes on the screen. 

Also it can take several seconds trying to get shows that are not on Schedules Direct so if Emby is asking for 20 images, I feel users will give up before NextPVR even responds to all the requests even when it is successful.

Martin

• 1 month later...
emveepee

Updated post #1 with a change to the javascript on the configuration page to meet beta server 4.3.10 changes

File is now called LiveTV.Plugins.NextPvr.dll so please remove the previous beta version Mediabrowser.Plugins.NextPvr5.dll if it is installed.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

arrbee99

Not seeing anything attached in post #1.

Also, while I'm here, using 3.5.1 plugin I think, I told Emby to show the status of the programs (HD, Live, New, Premiere, Repeat) and it seems like every program is marked as New, except for one item marked Live. Bit like New is the default value...

Also, while I'm here, using 3.5.1 plugin I think, I told Emby to show the status of the programs (HD, Live, New, Premiere, Repeat) and it seems like every program is marked as New, except for one item marked Live. Bit like New is the default value...

If the guide source doesn't have this information for a show, then it's assumed to be new, since this is much safer for the recording scheduler.

ie, it's likely that whatever guide source you're using doesn't supply this info.

arrbee99

If the guide source doesn't have this information for a show, then it's assumed to be new, since this is much safer for the recording scheduler.

ie, it's likely that whatever guide source you're using doesn't supply this info.

Hokey dokey, didn't know that. Thanks.

arrbee99

Also, would be nice if the plugin or something could provide a bit of neutral art if possible for when there isn't any, like in post #77.

emveepee

Oops missed a step in the upload process it's there now.   If you disable the NextPVR setting to show new in guide, the API is not supposed to pass the New flag.

For artwork if you edit the NextPVR config.xml settings, to disable Schedules Direct setting <ArtworkFromSchedulesDirect>false</ArtworkFromSchedulesDirect> I think Emby looks a lot better because there is so much art missing.

Martin

arrbee99

Thanks, I shall look into that.

Another question about artwork though, does the plugin need to fetch artwork from NextPVR when I, say, go to the Movies in tab in Emby ? The NextPVR server window showed this

5d91043406ca4_EmbyNextPVRpluginartdelay.

when I clicked on the Movies tab in Emby and it slows things down somewhat.

emveepee

The plugin is not fetching art, the plugin gives Emby a URL and the server decides when it wants to download it.  If you decide to turn off the Schedules Direct art, the plugin will only pass URL's for recordings.

Martin

arrbee99

Thanks for the info. Actually I've just added a few of the more common tv show posters by hand, makes quite a bit of difference, appearance and I think speed wise.

With 3.5.3 spinning wheel disappeared btw.

warrencalvert

Please can you confirm the latest version of the NextPVR v5 plugin for Emby and where can I download it from? 

thanks

emveepee

Yes I keep the first post updated.   As NextPVR moves closer to RC I will make the plugin and source available so it can be downloaded directly.  I wanted to keep it separate to avoid changes to the source code that made it only run on Emby betas as happened with the v4 plugin.

Martin

• 2 weeks later...
emveepee

I went to test something on the plugin today and I wonder how to change properties on scheduled series.  I see a cancel and a dialog but no save button.  Is this a beta server thing I am pretty sure I was able to do this in earlier testing.

Martin

emveepee

Ok thanks, that seems to do it.

Also is there any reason a recent recording would show up in the NextPVR Recordings but not in the general PVR Recording folders?  All my others are there?

Martin

emveepee

On the home page there are two buttons Recordings under Live TV (which is kind of silly heading title) and NextPVR Recordings  I have a recording that doesn't show up under Recordings with all the others.   Deleting and rescanning library.db doesn't help.  The recording I am looking for is Prodigal Son

sqlite> select * from ( select seriesname, name, premieredate, datecreated, datelastrefreshed from mediaitems
   ...> where type = 8 order by datecreated desc limit 10);

Blue Bloods|Another Look|1571356800|1571450340|1571517473
Evil|Rose390|1571270400|1571363940|1571517486
Evil|3 Stars|1570665600|1571194740|1571517483
Emergence|No Outlet|1571097600|1571191141|1571517473
Prodigal Son|Designer Complicity|1571011200|1571112000|1571517443
Evil|3 Stars|1570665600|1570769940|1571517479
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit|Down Low in Hell's Kitchen|1570665600|1570762071|1571517441
Evil|3 Stars|1570665600|1570761339|1571517479
Les Simpson|Homer va à la FAC|750556800|1570567349|1571517441
The Goldbergs|Livin' on a Prayer|1399939200|1570566896|1571517459

Martin

post-1788-0-13602100-1571518091_thumb.jpg

post-1788-0-40883200-1571518101_thumb.jpg

Edited by emveepee

emveepee

Yes it is the first time I noticed this but I am not really an Emby user.  Looking at the screen shot again it says 72 items and there are 76  type 8 rows. 

Based on those last 10 items above Recordings is only showing one of those 3 Evil "3 Star" episode (I restarted the server during some NextPVR testing which generated two partial chunks so I rerecorded it later).  When I look carefully I see that in addition to Prodigal Son there newest Evil Rose390 is also not showing.  Those seem to be the missing 4.

In the NextPVR Recordings in the Evil Folder I do see 4 Evils (but only one of "3 Star")  I guess Emby doesn't like duplicates.

Martin

Edited by emveepee