NextPVR v5 Emby plugin

emveepee

This one is for Luke - it's bothered me for a while that when using this plugin, the guide update scheduled task never changes from 0% progress while it's running, so I fired up my debugger...

It looks like Emby.LiveTv.LiveTvManager thinks there are 2 ILiveTvService instances - the NextPVR plugin LiveTvService class, and the inbuilt Emby.LiveTv.EmbyTV service (is it expected that the inbuilt instance will always be present even when using a 3rd party plugin?). During the guide update scan, there seems to be an ActionableProgress<double> instance that scales whatever the current progress report value is by a 'progressPerService' scaling value. I believe that the value of this should be 0.5 to account for there being 2 services, but in fact the value of this scaling value is actually always 0, which looks like it explains why the progress indicator never changes.

Poking a little further, and taking a bit of an educated guess, I think there is maybe a bug in the calculation along the lines:

double progressPerService = (1 / Services.Length)

which will be fine when there is only 1 service, but will always be zero if there are multiple services. Instead it should be: 

double progressPerService = (1.0 / Services.Length)

Any chance of getting that fixed?

Edited by stwarr

5 hours ago, jordy said:

Unfortunately, I've been there & done that and nothing, nada, zip... It doesn't work without NPVR v5 plugin files being present in the Program data/plugin directory. WinTV software is and always has been installed since I installed the tuner.

Process was:

Remove the NPVR v5 dll files, restart the server, auto detect the tuner, point the guide at a pre-prepared xml file which emby has always used via NPVR.

Not sure what else I can do.

Is there anyone that has emby working with this tuner?

OK not sure I understand the XML file thing as it sounds like you're still using NPVR vs just Emby???

What you need to do is remove the plugin, restart, do a full Emby Guide Scan to remove old guide data that still had NPVR data in it.

Now you should have a clean setup and can start back from here adding tuners directly or m3u tuners.

9 hours ago, cayars said:

OK not sure I understand the XML file thing as it sounds like you're still using NPVR vs just Emby???

What you need to do is remove the plugin, restart, do a full Emby Guide Scan to remove old guide data that still had NPVR data in it.

Now you should have a clean setup and can start back from here adding tuners directly or m3u tuners.

@cayars, the guide is not the real problem. Quite simply, using emby alone (with the NPVR v5 plugin uninstalled), I cannot watch or record TV.

4 minutes ago, jordy said:

@cayars, the guide is not the real problem. Quite simply, using emby alone (with the NPVR v5 plugin uninstalled), I cannot watch or record TV.

Something isn't correct then as this should not be an issue.  If you like I can do a remote session with you via TeamViewer and help you get this resolved.
Send me a PM if you want some help with this.

2 minutes ago, cayars said:

Something isn't correct then as this should not be an issue.  If you like I can do a remote session with you via TeamViewer and help you get this resolved.
Send me a PM if you want some help with this.

my thoughts exactly!

1 minute ago, EBM said:

I must be a total moron.   I can't find any link or any file to get the 3.6 plugin.  Can anyone help?

Hi, what version of Emby Server do you have? What version of Next Pvr?

SHSPVR
3 minutes ago, EBM said:

I must be a total moron.   I can't find any link or any file to get the 3.6 plugin.  Can anyone help?

Just install NextPVR Plug-in then should automatic update to it if I recall right

Edited by SHSPVR

2 minutes ago, SHSPVR said:

Just install NextPVR Plug-in then should automatic update to it

I have done it a few times.   it only ever instals 3.3.3.0

SHSPVR
2 minutes ago, EBM said:

I have done it a few times.   it only ever instals 3.3.3.0

did try install the beta ver of Emby

instantsunrise
8 minutes ago, EBM said:

On 10/6/2020 at 12:12 PM, emveepee said:

I have decided to drop support for this pre-release add-on and removed it from post #1  This was really not an easy decision but I have never been totally comfortable here after the decision was made to move most NextPVR's functionally behind a "pay wall".   My participation on live TV in v4 would certainly never have even begun if I had known that Emby was going to become a commercial application.

Recently sub added cast & crew support and when I started to add it for Emby it opened up this old wound that I get each time I support for the the addon and I couldn't motivate myself any longer.

Although I don't use it beyond testing I do find that Emby continues to be a high quality product with steady enhancements. I expect the reasons users might have interfacing to NextPVR will continue decrease as Emby is enhanced.

Truly I am sorry for any inconvenience. 

Martin

On 6/11/2019 at 6:23 PM, emveepee said:

Edit:  Please note that this addon is no longer in development and the project has been ended.

The 3.6 plugin was discontinued and pulled down.  

SHSPVR
1 minute ago, instantsunrise said:

The 3.6 plugin was discontinued and pulled down.  

Well there also M3U Tuner support which what I using with NextPVR.

instantsunrise
Just now, SHSPVR said:

Well there also M3U Tuner support which what I using with NextPVR.

Unfortunately the M3U tuner support doesn’t work with NextPVR’s recording timers.

SHSPVR
Just now, instantsunrise said:

Unfortunately the M3U tuner support doesn’t work with NextPVR’s recording timers.

That right you need used Emby recording timers basic NextPVR become a backend tuner that Emby can control like a IPTV service. 

instantsunrise
Just now, SHSPVR said:

That right you need used Emby recording timers basic NextPVR become a backend tuner that Emby can control like a IPTV service. 

I’d love to do that but I also use NextPVR as a tuning backend for kodi on my htpc and the Emby for Kodi plugin doesn’t function as a PVR for Kodi.

SHSPVR
1 minute ago, instantsunrise said:

I’d love to do that but I also use NextPVR as a tuning backend for kodi on my htpc and the Emby for Kodi plugin doesn’t function as a PVR for Kodi.

why not use Emby Client in place of Kodi

instantsunrise
6 minutes ago, SHSPVR said:

why not use Emby Client in place of Kodi

Because I use kodi for a ton of other functions like Blu-Ray playback, youtube, Netflix, twitch, Amazon and seamlessly switching into steam big picture.

SHSPVR
12 hours ago, instantsunrise said:

Because I use kodi for a ton of other functions like Blu-Ray playback, youtube, Netflix, twitch, Amazon and seamlessly switching into steam big picture.

I see

• 2 weeks later...
jrochao2
On 6/12/2019 at 3:23 AM, emveepee said:

Here's an idea of what is coming in the update version of the plugin

Changelog

- changed all calls from NEWA API to NextPVR v5 JSON
- add season, episode where allowed
- configurable recurring recording defaults
- configure Sports, News, Movie, Live and Kids category (from MediaPortal plugin)
- flag Live sports
- flag Premiere (Season and Series)
- cosmetics changed NextPvr and Next Pvr to NextPVR throughout
- fixed some bugs and no doubt added some.

- use recorded dates as created dates for improved date ordering
- add original air date, and production year
- recording updates based on backend changes no need to scan internet folder

- don't flag images for Programs NextPVR doesn't support this.

- cache allRecordings call from backend 

- identify radio channels and programs.

Here is a YouTube video https://youtu.be/917nMnvTRxk connecting to my v5 docker installation. There are some times where it seems sluggish, I was running a debug version with some break points.

If you notice any strange things in the video please let me know.  Not being an Emby user makes it difficult for me to compare and there was not much help from Emby devs getting to this point.

Edit:  Please note that this addon is no longer in development and the project has been ended.

See this post for some installation details https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/74439-nextpvr-v5-emby-plugin/&do=findComment&comment=754853

Martin

hi, i can see the dll archive that you attached there

emveepee

It may be a browser cache issue, but it really is not a big concern to me as long as installation workarounds are not provided to Emby users.

Martin

• 3 weeks later...
Kodi_Newcomer

Hello i have a quest ? Is there a way for automatic recording from missing episodes ? When emby or nextpvr is searching for missing episodes in the epg and there is a match, he create a shedule ?

Hi, You can do this directly in Emby.

image.png.182352e389a3a94b33b5807408cdd146.png

So you can setup to record all episodes but not those that already exist.  Basically this is exactly what you wany.

Kodi_Newcomer

And then Emby send the shedule to nextPVR and he did his job and make the record ? Or did Emby Record from the nextPVR Stream ?

SHSPVR
34 minutes ago, Kodi_Newcomer said:

And then Emby send the shedule to nextPVR and he did his job and make the record ? Or did Emby Record from the nextPVR Stream ?

With NextPVR plug-in Emby only make a req to NextPVR Schedule then NextPVR take care of rest of it, but if NextPVR is setup as IPTV Stream then all NextPVR dose pass the stream over to Emby on it req where Emby take care of all of the Schedule and other things.

Edited by SHSPVR
  • Like 1