PS4 no subtitles with new update 6.71

supermau

supermau

Hi, I had this same problem after updating PS4 to Software ver. 4.5 and now is back again after update to software ver 6.71. (The old thred: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/46562-ps4-no-subtitles/)

After updating everything works great but no subtitles (external srt) are displayed. I have tried to turn them on and off with no luck. I have tried many movies that used to work fine.

I have:

PS4-568

Software ver. 6.71

Emby server Version 3.5.3.0

Ubuntu linux 16.04.2

Thank you Emby Team!!! 8-)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
CarlosLima

Hi, the friend who complained about the lack of subtitle issue on PS4 didn't follow up on the topic.

A customer using PS4 complained about the absence of external .srt subtitles. I guided it to use in pc and is perfect.

Can anyone tell if this problem can be solved?

My emby server is stable, version 4.2.

Hi, the friend who complained about the lack of subtitle issue on PS4 didn't follow up on the topic.

A customer using PS4 complained about the absence of external .srt subtitles. I guided it to use in pc and is perfect.

I tested it a few weeks ago and it was fine. can we please look at an example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

• 1 year later...
CaffNoir

Hi !

uncheck Allow subtitle extraction on the fly on ur server settings

On 10/12/2019 at 5:06 AM, CarlosLima said: