Nvidia Shield - Images not loading

jaypablo

Pog22

We don't do that but perhaps the user has with their images?

No, it seems to be a selection of movie posters in date added order as you can see from my screenie earlier with movies sorted in the date added order

Pog - can I please see the server log that matches up with that last app log you sent?

I've just sent a new log from the app on the MiBox, the corresponding server log is attached. The last action at 7.15 was to login as colfin22 and scroll down through movies stopping on each one that is missing a poster

embyserver.txt

Pog22

If you play one of those - does the OSD show the poster properly?

Yes, the missing poster shows in the OSD

Okay, so that suggests there could be an issue with the cached images.

You could try deleting your "resized-images" folder under your image cache on the server and see what happens.

Pog22

You could try deleting your "resized-images" folder under your image cache on the server and see what happens.

Hold on, I just figured something. When I change the movies display preferences to small or large image sizes the posters appear. It's only auto or medium that they don't work. Do you still want me to clear the resized-images folder?

Hold on, I just figured something. When I change the movies display preferences to small or large image sizes the posters appear. It's only auto or medium that they don't work. Do you still want me to clear the resized-images folder?

Yup, as that situation just further advances the argument that you have some bad images in  your cache somehow.

Pog22

Yup, as that situation just further advances the argument that you have some bad images in your cache somehow.

Delete the folder or just the contents of the folder?

Delete the folder or just the contents of the folder?

Doesn't matter.

Thanks.

Pog22

Ok, this did not work, I deleted the directory but the issue was still there with the recreated resized images. As it was only about 20 movies or so i manually edited the images for each movie and downloaded the exact same poster image from TheMovieDb to overwrite the ones I had which now resize fine.

It's very strange that all these movies with this issue were added to the library in order from 20th to 25th of May had this issue

It's very strange that all these movies with this issue were added to the library in order from 20th to 25th of May had this issue

Interesting.  Perhaps there was some condition during that time that caused them to be slightly corrupted. 

Thanks for getting back to us.