Mixed content problems

Anixd

One2Go

What I would prefer is that there could be an option to display images correctly even if that means leaving space around them in the container that Emby has allocated.  But I'm being told clearly that people prefer a distorted image with no space rather than a correct image with space.  This seems to me to be at odds with the extreme pickiness over image quality that is often seen...

You hit a raw nerve here with some. For me the correct A/R is absolutely essential. If a movie was shot in 4:3 A/R I want black bars on the left and right I want to see it the way the director intended it. However that viewpoint is in a minority. You will not believe the amount of people complaining about the black bars. So there are many who prefer a stretched image over a correct A/R with black bars. Then there is another group of people who want to have a 4:3 A/R cropped to 16:9 and don't care if they loose all that additional screen real-estate that the director intended. This carries over into the images of the meta data. For me I bit the bullet once and brought up all my images to a correct A/R now I just have to deal with new or added content.

One final word, the Devs here work hard on the product and their time and resources are limited because they also have a real life. It is up to them how to use their time in working on Emby. For me personally I would prefer that they spend their time on a stable feature rich product. As you said there is a solution for your problem but it is a waste of your time, the Devs likewise have to analyze requests and come to a decision is this a waste of our time. I feel for you because every time you look at it you are annoyed about distortion. For me if I know it is a circle but it looks squashed, I have to correct it before continuing with viewing.